News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Seems to still be some difficulty...

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 10, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

My problem for a while now has been that while I can browse pretty well, whenever I make a post, it sort of "freezes" my Languish connection for 20-30 seconds during which Languish wouldn't even load or refresh for me in other windows etc.

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on December 26, 2009, 10:27:13 AM
My problem for a while now has been that while I can browse pretty well, whenever I make a post, it sort of "freezes" my Languish connection for 20-30 seconds during which Languish wouldn't even load or refresh for me in other windows etc.

Dammit Moldy! You only half finished the job!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Just noticed that the stats say there were 177 people signed in on September 9th which is about 100 more than the next best day. Can that possibly be right? What happened on the 9th? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

All my sock accounts gained sentience and logged on at the same time.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

I commented on that at the time.  No explanation ever presented itself.
PDH!

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on January 04, 2010, 03:34:34 PM
Still very slow for me.
Same, and it's not going to improve till vM does a hardware upgrade, which he said he'll do at some point.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Siege on January 07, 2010, 07:17:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2009, 12:59:33 AM
Quote from: The Brain on December 17, 2009, 02:22:34 PM
Slow as fuck.

Fuck slowly?

Nah.

Hard is better.

Women feel more desired when you fuck them hard.

several responses came to mind, but out of respect for your service to this great nation (The US, not Israel) I will not write them.  I did say them though.  To my cat.  Who nodded her agreement.
PDH!

Josephus

All the threads now have the Blue "New" thingie on them, as if I haven't logged in in months.  :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on January 13, 2010, 09:31:44 AM
All the threads now have the Blue "New" thingie on them, as if I haven't logged in in months.  :huh:

You really should stop by more often.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on January 13, 2010, 09:31:44 AM

That means there are new posts that you haven't read.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Though I have noticed with the new forum v. the old one, that now it won't get rid of the "new" button until you actually open up the thread.  The old one would clear all the threads of "new" status just by logging in. 

I like that change, personally.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Languish needs Youtube embedding...for the sake of increasing our witty humor potential....

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=936