And we're back!

Main Menu

Seems to still be some difficulty...

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 10, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Quote from: grumbler on March 22, 2009, 12:53:34 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on March 22, 2009, 11:36:30 AM
What happened?  Languish reborn, without her memory.  It's like waking up from a coma and not having the house and car that you remember.
Bottom line:  the old server HDD crashed, so the forum was switched to the "standby" forum, which has registration data but not the posts.  The forum came here instead.  Dunno how temp this is gonna be.  vM stated at one point that he thinks he can retrieve the posts from the old forum as an archive (ie read but not write), but the status of the "permanent new home" remains unclear.

Personally, I think we should do all the upgrades needed to the permanent forum before switching to it.  There isn't a clear consensus on what that form should be, though.

Rgr, thanks for the passdown.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Grallon

Btw - will the old ranks be reinstituted ?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

BuddhaRhubarb

when will we get more and better smilies/emoticons whatchahoozies? not to whine or anything. but I feel handicapped here. :sigh:
:p

katmai

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 24, 2009, 02:46:56 AM
when will we get more and better smilies/emoticons whatchahoozies? not to whine or anything. but I feel handicapped here. :sigh:

that's enough out of you!

Um should be with in next day or so.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Norgy

Admiral Yi

Norgy

Life was less interesting without Languish. :)

CountDeMoney

The best thing about making threads on the old board was subtitles.  I want them back.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2009, 05:08:11 AM
The best thing about making threads on the old board was subtitles.  I want them back.

How you like being a mod here so far?  :P

katmai

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 24, 2009, 02:49:09 AM
sweet. the system woiks!

Working with vM to get the old smileys back, just having to fiddle with board permissions and what not to upload them and make usable, but bear with us.

Neil

Well, I have server upload authority, but I don't have any emoticons to upload.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on March 24, 2009, 07:49:53 AM

Yeah vM gave me the access and the emoticons, but according to SMF forums some base files need their permissions changed before it will let uploads of the old emoticons.

I sent him pm detailing it.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on March 24, 2009, 07:54:45 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 24, 2009, 07:49:53 AM

Yeah vM gave me the access and the emoticons, but according to SMF forums some base files need their permissions changed before it will let uploads of the old emoticons.

I sent him pm detailing it.
Send them to me.  I can make it happen.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai