News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Seems to still be some difficulty...

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 10, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: AnchorClanker on March 22, 2009, 11:36:30 AM
What happened?  Languish reborn, without her memory.  It's like waking up from a coma and not having the
house and car that you remember.

It's Languih's version of Goodbye Lenin.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Syt on March 22, 2009, 11:40:19 AM
What happened?  Languish reborn, without her memory.  It's like waking up from a coma and not having the

It's Languih's version of Goodbye Lenin.

*Ank Weeps*
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

FunkMonk

Don't worry. We can make it better, stronger, faster.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

lustindarkness

And the wife has remarried and your children forgot you too. Sad really.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Is your ass sore?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2009, 12:08:28 PM

Is your ass sore?

Not any more than usual, but I think I'm missing a kidney...   :o
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on March 22, 2009, 10:28:45 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 22, 2009, 10:17:08 AM
Much better, and our beloved seedy is back, good.

Yeah but with the mod powers here I don't think Seedy is gonna be impressed with what he's limited to.

But he can smack Tim around, right? No more of that IC bullshit to save his bandwagon ass, right?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2009, 12:15:50 PM

Yeah but with the mod powers here I don't think Seedy is gonna be impressed with what he's limited to.

But he can smack Tim around, right? No more of that IC bullshit to save his bandwagon ass, right?

It wasn't IC, it was Neil. Neil is still here.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

:'(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2009, 12:15:50 PM

By deleting threads and post, but can't ban him or warn him even as far as i can tell lol
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on March 22, 2009, 12:35:11 PM

By deleting threads and post, but can't ban him or warn him even as far as i can tell lol

:-[
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 22, 2009, 11:44:35 AM
Don't worry. We can make it better, stronger, faster.

If it's gonna take $6 Million, I think we're screwed.

grumbler

What happened?  Languish reborn, without her memory.  It's like waking up from a coma and not having the house and car that you remember.
Bottom line:  the old server HDD crashed, so the forum was switched to the "standby" forum, which has registration data but not the posts.  The forum came here instead.  Dunno how temp this is gonna be.  vM stated at one point that he thinks he can retrieve the posts from the old forum as an archive (ie read but not write), but the status of the "permanent new home" remains unclear.

Personally, I think we should do all the upgrades needed to the permanent forum before switching to it.  There isn't a clear consensus on what that form should be, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!