News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Seems to still be some difficulty...

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 10, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weatherman

Grallon

I would like to draw your attention to the Shrapnel Games forums...  powered by vBulletin.  The layout is *much* better than where we are now...  Perhaps we could switch to that engine/interface ?

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Weatherman

That uses vbulletin. vbulletin rocks.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 19, 2009, 06:51:15 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2009, 06:13:13 AM
So we moved to this piece-of-shit new server with a horrible layout to be able to access the forum every second day of the week, chosen randomly? Yay, I love change.

If you can fix vM's previous HDD, feel free to do so.
I'll pitch in for vM's new HDD, or for whatever it takes to keep this forum alive.  Status quo just doesn't cut it; eventually the traffic will dry up and this forum would die.

Grey Fox

Current Problem has nothing to do with vM tho, it's all Speakeasy's fault.

Also, any know someone with talent that could do a IPB 1.1 SMF template?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 20, 2009, 10:34:07 AM
Current Problem has nothing to do with vM tho, it's all Speakeasy's fault.

Perhaps it is time to give up languish and take a new name. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on March 20, 2009, 02:13:54 PM
When will we have stability?
Not soon, I'm afraid.  The sudden conversion to another forum software gave us a big hit on that front.

Grey Fox

Habbaku

Let's see if this post even goes through in the five minutes of uptime I've seen all day.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PRC

Weatherman

Get a better host. Fuck speakeasy.

Grey Fox

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Weatherman on March 20, 2009, 10:35:25 PM
Get a better host. Fuck speakeasy.
Speakeasy isn't hosting it.  I'm buying the T1 line from them.