News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Seems to still be some difficulty...

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 10, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: garbon on March 24, 2009, 01:19:20 PM
Err...we no longer have the default smiley face...the one that corresponds to :)

Yeah, just noticed that, too.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

P.S.:

Is there a way to set when threads with new posts are set to "read", even if you didn't open it? I noticed threads/posts remain "new" even after a day or new.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on March 24, 2009, 07:18:54 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2009, 05:08:11 AM
The best thing about making threads on the old board was subtitles.  I want them back.

How you like being a mod here so far?  :P

Kinda feels like British royalty.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Norgy

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on March 24, 2009, 08:02:21 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2009, 05:50:25 PM
Kinda feels like British royalty.

A tad on the impotent side, eh?

Yeah, the other board was more Cromwellian.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

The upturned face that goes with ^ _ ^  has been replaced by the face that should be -_- (^_^)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

Most of these show up as a colon then the word used, then another colon. I see very few actual emoticons.
:p

garbon

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 25, 2009, 12:04:39 PM
Most of these show up as a colon then the word used, then another colon. I see very few actual emoticons.

What do you have your smiley settings set to (under look and layout)?

BuddhaRhubarb

There's a smiley setting? Holy Micro-management Batman. will check

BuddhaRhubarb

ahh it was on light background... I changed to default... is that the right one :unsure:

garbon

Forum/Board Default gets you languish smilies.

BuddhaRhubarb

BuddhaRhubarb

It looks to me like the pace of posts has picked up and the people who had the most posts back in tha olde days (a few weeks ago) have the most now.