News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Seems to still be some difficulty...

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 10, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

And all of my day one proclamations have come true!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

The board seem more responsive - it's still slow as hell but we dont get kicked out after 5 minutes.  What changed ?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on March 21, 2009, 02:19:49 PM
The board seem more responsive - it's still slow as hell but we dont get kicked out after 5 minutes.  What changed ?
The service provider started to get their shit together.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Syt

Connection seems better now, but there' still random outages here and there.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

lustindarkness

Much better, and our beloved seedy is back, good.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 22, 2009, 10:17:08 AM

Yeah but with the mod powers here I don't think Seedy is gonna be impressed with what he's limited to.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Quote from: katmai on March 22, 2009, 10:28:45 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 22, 2009, 10:17:08 AM

Yeah but with the mod powers here I don't think Seedy is gonna be impressed with what he's limited to.
No pogroms or death marches?  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 22, 2009, 10:31:55 AM

Heh can't even temp ban folks as far as i can tell.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

AnchorClanker

It also seems to have deleted my account.   >:(
I had to re-register as "AnchorClanker" was not a valid user name.  Bah.

Quote from: vonmoltke on March 10, 2009, 09:02:21 PM
Well, it seems the new board is back....

...trouble is, its not the version I wanted up.  The "other" board preserved everything from the IPB forum except the posts themselves.  It also had the explanation of what happened.  I'm in the middle of figuring out what's what on the new server.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

lustindarkness

Quote from: katmai on March 22, 2009, 10:59:12 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 22, 2009, 10:31:55 AM

Heh can't even temp ban folks as far as i can tell.

This should maybe not be announced?

Welcome back Ank, yes, we all had to re-re-re-register. (all the re-re-'s for the name changes and socks)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

AnchorClanker

What happened?  Languish reborn, without her memory.  It's like waking up from a coma and not having the
house and car that you remember.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr