News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlefield BC2

Started by The Brain, February 24, 2010, 01:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 14, 2010, 05:51:15 AM
That's why I love the RPG in COD-MB2;  after 50 feet, you don't know where that fucker's going.
If the game tallied TKs, I'd have my 1000 multikills with it by now.   :menace: :menace:

Yeah, I remember your handiwork as a sapper in Red Orchestra.  I think maybe you got 1 enemy for every 2 or 3 TKs :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Am I missing something, or is there really no way to save a default setup?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

When you select "quick match" for online play, does it use your skill level to decide what type of opponents you face?  'Cuz I had a few really good games where I played a bit above my actual abilities.  Then the next night for every game I played, I was practically the lowest rank-wise (lots of guys with stars next to their names), and was getting pwned left & right.  Didn't pay close attention to my skill level, but I got back in last night & kept getting matched up with low-rank inexperienced players. 

One thing I really noticed when I was getting pwned by those high-skill dudes was they really seemed organized.  I play mainly Rush matches, and when these guys attacked, everything they did seemed practiced and well-coordinated.  I'm sure they were communicating with each other via headset (something I wish was more common-- it devalues the squad concept if you can't communicate), and they had some interesting tactics.  For example, they would fill up a helicopter & actually use it for transport to rush an objective.  Another tactic was to have two guys from different squads drive a fast vehicle into some trees behind an objective, and have the rest of their respective squads spawn on them, then proceed to overwhelm the 2 guys on my team trying to hold the objective.

And the most interesting-- I watched a sniper on my team load up his UH60 with C4 and then crash it into the objective, doing enough damage to destroy it.  He died but got the 100 points for destroying the objective plus 3x or 4x50 for damage to the objective.

I still get a kick out of collapsing a building onto an objective (as well as any enemy that might be inside) myself, preferably at long range with a T-90 :)

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

I don't think there is such a thing as quick match on the PC Version. Altho, I see server with rules prohibiting the "destroying objectives" tactics all the time.

@Berkut, if there is, do share.

I wish this game had prone & lean.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 15, 2010, 12:02:34 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as quick match on the PC Version. Altho, I see server with rules prohibiting the "destroying objectives" tactics all the time.

As in the kamikaze Recon dude I mentioned, or destroying in general?  I would hope they wouldn't have problems with using ranged weapons to destroy objectives, since it is time-consuming & is an intended game feature.

QuoteI wish this game had prone & lean.

I did too, at first.  But I can see how it might slow the game down.

I never realized BF1943 didn't have prone until I loaded it up & played it the other day (and got killed left & right because my mind was so tuned to the BFBC2 control layout :D )

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2010, 01:59:36 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 15, 2010, 12:02:34 PM

As in the kamikaze Recon dude I mentioned, or destroying in general?  I would hope they wouldn't have problems with using ranged weapons to destroy objectives, since it is time-consuming & is an intended game feature.

QuoteI wish this game had prone & lean.

No idea, until you mentioned the tactic, I had no idea what is was suppose to prohibit.

Strix

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 15, 2010, 04:26:08 PM
No idea, until you mentioned the tactic, I had no idea what is was suppose to prohibit.

Some servers they like to base rape. If you destroy the objective with explosives it makes it harder for them to rape you.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Strix

A new patch went out...

Not sure everything that got fixed but they did update it so that you no longer have to keep fixing your "setup" every time you join a server. They also have fixed a lot of the server selection criteria so it works for a change.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

The Brain

Quote from: Strix on April 29, 2010, 01:29:01 PM
A new patch went out...

Not sure everything that got fixed but they did update it so that you no longer have to keep fixing your "setup" every time you join a server.

Fucking finally. Fucking retarded game designers.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

What is the deal with the Carl Gustav?

I swear, 50% of my deaths come from people using that damn thing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2010, 02:45:45 PM

Swedish hardware is naturally superior.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Swedish AT weapon. It auto targets, that's why we get kill by it so much.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 29, 2010, 03:46:41 PM

Swedish AT weapon. It auto targets, that's why we get kill by it so much.

It only auto targets if:
a) the target vehicle has been marked with the dart gun
b) you are a consoltard playing with auto-aim :P

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

@Tamas. Oh, it's different from SP.