Battlefield BC2

Started by The Brain, February 24, 2010, 01:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

You guys need to play Hardcore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on April 07, 2010, 10:14:05 AM
I've certainly gotten a lot better. My KD is around 1, and 1.5 is not unusual anymore.

My cumulative is stuck around .92, but since I focus (or obsess) on taking/holding objectives & winning the map, I end up dying a lot.  I am: sniper bait.

I unlocked all the Assault class stuff, and I'm working on Engineer.  I've dabbled a bit in Medic, but it's a big adjustment going back to iron sights, particularly on that horrible PKM.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 07, 2010, 12:45:10 PM

I play on whatever server comes up first in the list. Sometimes HC, sometimes not.

Kind of annoying that they don't list ping times for some reason.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on April 07, 2010, 12:41:14 PM
In a world where one burst from a LMG won't kill a person,

It doesn't?  Seems to kill me an awful lot.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 07, 2010, 12:45:10 PM

I have a feeling it would be less fun for me.

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2010, 02:05:16 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 07, 2010, 12:41:14 PM
In a world where one burst from a LMG won't kill a person,

It doesn't?  Seems to kill me an awful lot.

As the guy toting around the LMG, it is not at all unusual not to kill someone with a quick burst.

Hell, sometimes I get the drop on them, start shooting them, and they still manage to kill me first.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

I dont like non-hardcore servers. Annoying.

Faeelin

Quote from: Berkut on April 07, 2010, 02:23:35 PM
As the guy toting around the LMG, it is not at all unusual not to kill someone with a quick burst.

Hell, sometimes I get the drop on them, start shooting them, and they still manage to kill me first.

Incidentally, why do LMGs always suck in games? Call of Duty had the same problem.

Alcibiades

My K:D is around 1.87 iirc, 1.58 in MW2.   :showoff:

Yeah the RPG is a 2-3 shot kill normally depending where you hit the tank.  Trucks are one hit kills for me generally, but I also use the special explosives perk.

I LOVE the Apache by the way.  Use it with the engineer, fly around kill stuff, start getting low on health go park it in the desert rep it quick and up and going again.  Good stuff.  Even take objectives now by hovering right above it.   :cool:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

I finally reached: Level 22.  I got all the Assault, Engineer, and Vehicle upgrades a few days ago, and am slowly working on Medic and Recon, depending on the situation.

A few things I've noticed:
-at least on the 360, Assault seems to be the least popular class.  Lots of Medics & Recon.  I still put my time in as Assault and try to be thoughtful about dropping supplies, but it's a major pain in the ass to be an Engineer and have nobody to resupply you once you've run out of mines/AT rockets.

--Speaking of mines, dropping even just a few at certain vehicle choke points can discourage the enemy from using vehicles for the rest of the map. 

-The magical mortar binoculars are fun.

-Shooting a guy in the face at the last moment as he tries to knife you-- also fun.

-Advanced optics is the best upgrade for most vehicles.  For tanks you can sit way back and pick off enemy tanks, TOW gunners, snipers, etc. or you can use the powerful main gun to demolish buildings/blow up objectives.  Let your MG gunner deal with infantry that get close, or switch to that position if you're alone.  I use this with the Bradley (helps knock out TOW gunners before they see you), and started using it with the UAV (you lose your MG but can fly to maximum height and still pinpoint targets for the air to ground missiles).

Also, what is the point of having red dot or 4x scopes for the Recon class?  Isn't that taking a big step backwards from the optics the sniper rifles already have?

Grey Fox

Playing this game as made me realise, I seriously need to upgrade.

I finnally moved out of the first Assault gun. Also played a little non-hardcore, much easier to aim the Noobtube that way.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

I prefer alternate weapons, I like using the MG on the tank.

I wish you could use an optic with the m14 which is what I use with the Engineer class.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

derspiess

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 12, 2010, 01:36:40 PM
I prefer alternate weapons, I like using the MG on the tank.

That's what I went with up until a couple days ago.  The coax MG is nice to have, but generally if you are in easy MG range, you're also in easy AT missile range.  I've found that I die a lot less often in a tank or APC by using the optics & taking advantage of the range (a little concealment helps as well).  If I have a decent MG gunner, he takes care of most of the soft targets.  If I don't have an MG gunner, it's pretty easy to switch back & forth between the main gun and the MG position.

A few things that really annoy me about vehicles, though:

-Idiot crewmembers who fire their weapons as you're moving to the front, alerting the enemy that there's a heavy vehicle heading their way.  Yeah, I know it's fun to shoot at trees, but save it for the enemy.

-People who jump in my tank & decide to take over as driver while I'm making repairs.

-You have to elevate tank guns way too high when firing at long ranges.  I'm pretty sure the 120mm round follows a pretty flat trajectory at most ranges in the game.  It's not a friggin' howitzer.  Once you adjust to it, it's not too bad, but you feel less like you're in a tank & more like you're in a mobile artillery piece.

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 12, 2010, 01:36:40 PM
I wish you could use an optic with the m14 which is what I use with the Engineer class.
You can't?

Engineer + M14 + x4 optics = a pretty good all-around fighter on maps with some vehicles, provided you have an assault guy handy to reload your rockets/mines.

I've noticed more and more snipersquads lately.  I just got my fifty-cal a while back, and I've been enjoying it, but it's frustrating being the only guy in the squad trying to take an objective.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.