News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlefield BC2

Started by The Brain, February 24, 2010, 01:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Multiplayer name is Vingt-Trois. Sent funkmonk a friend invite.

Everyone else, do share.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 29, 2010, 11:46:52 AM
Started playing the SP campaign last night. WTF was all that crap in Japan? Was that supposed to make any sense at all?

Yeah, that mission is all about the big secret weapon that you'll hear more about later in the 'normal' part of the campaign.  But I wouldn't worry much about it, either way, as the storyline is generally pretty silly.  The individual missions are fun, though. 

I'm liking this game more & more online. I've stuck mainly to the Assault class, and jump in any tank or IFV that I come across.  I'm getting deadly with the noob tube, and am actually getting in some decent aimed shots with the XM8 rifle.  My originally horrific kill ratio is starting to move a little closer to 1:1.

Only gripe so far is that on some maps, everyone on my side wants to be a sniper.  So I'm one of the few slobs actually trying to take objectives. 

Speaking of objectives, I really like that you can simply weaken a building so it collapses on those radio things you have to destroy.  Bonus if there are enemies inside.  Of course it's also sweet to set the detonator on one of those things, then jump back & cap everyone who runs up to try & disarm it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on March 29, 2010, 03:18:32 PM
Only gripe so far is that on some maps, everyone on my side wants to be a sniper.  So I'm one of the few slobs actually trying to take objectives. 
It's always annoying when I join a random game for some quick action, and then I find out that I've joined the Sniper Squad, with three guys who don't really participate in the fight.

That said, a recon guy is a great asset to an assault squad.  Toss a motion mine at an objective, and then have him sit back, take potshots and mortar strikes, and have him act as a spawn point near the action.  And if you arm him with a shotgun, he's a really good in some of the more built up areas or guarding an indoor MCOM.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Do you still have to reselect your preferred weapons loadout at the beginning of every session or did they patch this?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on March 29, 2010, 03:48:02 PM
It's always annoying when I join a random game for some quick action, and then I find out that I've joined the Sniper Squad, with three guys who don't really participate in the fight.

That said, a recon guy is a great asset to an assault squad.  Toss a motion mine at an objective, and then have him sit back, take potshots and mortar strikes, and have him act as a spawn point near the action.  And if you arm him with a shotgun, he's a really good in some of the more built up areas or guarding an indoor MCOM.

It seems like these helpful recon types are usually on the other team.  In my squad, they usually sit way back in a gaggle, and rack up less than 5 kills between them.

Anywho, I'm derspiess42 if anyone on Xbox wants to squad up.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Sorry grey fox, had to drop. I will be playing again this weekend.

I had something of a berserker run on that night-time snow map where I flanked the enemy's defensive line and killed about eight of them in a row with my SMG before they took me down.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

I either play a recon or an engineer.

As a recon I do try to be the helpful recon squad member Neil outlined, sometimes I manage but of course I need to be in a squad which actually want to take objectives. It's rare but every once in a while it works out and then it is quite nice, as I scan for and report nearby contacts and try to clear the way for them, then help in keeping the enemy far from the bombed objective. But when I am not in a squad like that, I often spend time working on my aim. Too bad you cant setup a game against bots for that.

I guess the engineer is quite the opposite of the recon, because of the shit guns they get and the need to shoot at armor from the side or back have you crawling around at close range all the time. And of course it is beautiful when I manage to find a good teammate for some vehicular action. I dont even mind being just the gunner because I do have to drop out for repairs every now and then anyways. Sometimes, you can rack up a lot of points like that.

Jaron

Quote from: derspiess on March 29, 2010, 04:42:51 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 29, 2010, 03:48:02 PM

It seems like these helpful recon types are usually on the other team.  In my squad, they usually sit way back in a gaggle, and rack up less than 5 kills between them.

Anywho, I'm derspiess42 if anyone on Xbox wants to squad up.

Add me. Jarenko. :)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

No problem. I'm away from my computer for a week so no multi for me this week.

I hate the AK so fucking much. Name any military game I cannot shoot the AK properly, in any of them. 400 points from being rid of it. Cannot wait.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 01, 2010, 09:39:07 PM
Sorry grey fox, had to drop. I will be playing again this weekend.

I had something of a berserker run on that night-time snow map where I flanked the enemy's defensive line and killed about eight of them in a row with my SMG before they took me down.

I found a sweet spot on that map as a defender.  It's an area just in front of one of the last buildings you defend, and behind a big storage/shipping container.  You have an excellent overlook of what seems to be the favored attack route, and the attackers rarely seem to notice you.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 02, 2010, 10:31:04 AM
No problem. I'm away from my computer for a week so no multi for me this week.

I hate the AK so fucking much. Name any military game I cannot shoot the AK properly, in any of them. 400 points from being rid of it. Cannot wait.

The second AK you get in the Assault class is pretty sweet, with either the red dot sight or 4x scope.  Accurate, stable, and pretty decent damage.  It has a slower rate of fire than some of the other Assault weapons, but that's actually a good thing when firing at long range, since the game doesn't let you select-fire to semi-auto.

So far, my favorite weapon is probably still the XM8.

Jaron: if you ever decide to play the game, look for me.

FunkMonk

Just had an epic battle in Rush mode with Strix sniping with my squad and me spamming medkits for the assault guys. You can rack up massive pointage as a Medic by just looking for the big firefights and dropping medkits for your buddies. The Red-Dot sight T88 LMG helps a lot too.

Combining the machine-gunner and medic in one class is almost too powerful. I can just sit tight close to the fight, lay down a base of fire, drop a medkit for the guys on the line, run up and revive them if they die, and as long as I stay alive they can just respawn on me. Easy points.

Neil

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 03, 2010, 08:11:57 PM
Combining the machine-gunner and medic in one class is almost too powerful. I can just sit tight close to the fight, lay down a base of fire, drop a medkit for the guys on the line, run up and revive them if they die, and as long as I stay alive they can just respawn on me. Easy points.
Medic is a point monster, to be sure.  Myself, I prefer assault.  Dropping ammo kits for snipers and engineers is a solid point-getter and makes both classes much more effective, allowing them to spam mines and rockets.  Plus, an ammo kit provides for unlimited n00b-tubing, which can be used to demolish M-COM stations and the forces of evil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

I've only played a decent amount with the Engineer and Medic classes. I picked up an Assault kit in my last game with an M416 and had some luck with it.

Recon class intrigues me, but only if I can get a decent non-sniper rifle weapon. I hate sniping.

Neil

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 03, 2010, 08:50:40 PM
I've only played a decent amount with the Engineer and Medic classes. I picked up an Assault kit in my last game with an M416 and had some luck with it.

Recon class intrigues me, but only if I can get a decent non-sniper rifle weapon. I hate sniping.
I love the M416.  With a 4x scope, it's probably the most versatile gun I've got, although I haven't unlocked the M-16 yet.

Recon is good with the right guy.  Motion mines are a defenders best friend.  You don't even really need to snipe, if you don't want to.