News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlefield BC2

Started by The Brain, February 24, 2010, 01:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on April 04, 2010, 10:05:03 AM
I sent invites out to a bunch of you, but nobody has responded.

Divhur

Frankly, I cannot blame you though - I am stunningly bad at this for some reason.

You will get better. The "better" weapons increase your skill, so as you unlock you will start killing stuff better.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

derspiess

Quote from: Strix on April 04, 2010, 12:39:07 PM
You will get better. The "better" weapons increase your skill, so as you unlock you will start killing stuff better.

Also helps a lot to be in a good squad that fights together and consists of at least 1 assault (can distribute ammo) and 1 medic (can distribute med kits and revive).  Recon is helpful as well to the squad on defense, since they can throw sensors out in front to detect enemy movement.  And an engineer is vital for any fighting vehicle.

Speaking of reviving, I want to knife those morons who keep reviving me when I'm in a dangerous field of fire.  I got shot by the same damned sniper three times within 15 seconds the other day because I kept getting revived. 

Simply leveling up seems to help as well, and you don't have to just get kills to accumulate points.  In some of my best rounds, I got just a handful of kills.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

The graphics aren't as good as MW2 unfortunately.  But I do love flying an Apache around now.  Unlocked the Medic completely, g3 sucks if anyone is thinking about leveling up to it.  Stay with the M60, big waste of time.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Berkut has historically done poorly with FPSs.  Not enough contemplation involved.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2010, 04:40:33 PM
Berkut has historically done poorly with FPSs.  Not enough contemplation involved.

He loves timed missions though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on April 06, 2010, 03:30:00 PM
Also helps a lot to be in a good squad that fights together and consists of at least 1 assault (can distribute ammo) and 1 medic (can distribute med kits and revive).  Recon is helpful as well to the squad on defense, since they can throw sensors out in front to detect enemy movement.  And an engineer is vital for any fighting vehicle.
Yeah.  You can totally dominate that map with the suspension bridge if you're an engineer with AT mines and you have an assault guy to reload you.  I got over a dozen vehicle kills last night with a combination of AT mines, TOW missiles, tank shells and one excellent shot with an RPG.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

RPG's fly waaaaaaay too straight in this game, it's lame.  It's like firing a gun.  I hit the Russian up-armored truck on the map with the cargo ships in the middle from about 400m away, straight shot.  One hit kill from the rear.....  <_<
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

It is not a simulation game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

But...but....its a laser!

derspiess

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 06, 2010, 09:02:59 PM
RPG's fly waaaaaaay too straight in this game, it's lame.  It's like firing a gun.  I hit the Russian up-armored truck on the map with the cargo ships in the middle from about 400m away, straight shot.  One hit kill from the rear.....  <_<

It usually takes multiple shots with the RPG to kill something, though.  Same with the AT4 or that modified guided antitank rocket you can work your way up to.  There are some vehicles that *should* blow up with one decent hit.

Agree that they are too accurate, but the same goes for a lot of weapons. 

One thing that is bugging me about the game is that you need to enable a "special ability" to use the coax/alt. weapon and to use "advanced optics" (which are really standard), but you can't use them at the same time.

One of my favorite things in the game is to shoot down a UAV with a pistol.  Only thing better than that is sneaking up & knifing the guy controlling the UAV.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2010, 09:39:47 AM
It usually takes multiple shots with the RPG to kill something, though.  Same with the AT4 or that modified guided antitank rocket you can work your way up to.  There are some vehicles that *should* blow up with one decent hit.
I've killed Humvees with single RPG shots, and helicopters are one shot kills.  Maybe you're missing the target?

The tanks and APCs take a couple though.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

I've certainly gotten a lot better. My KD is around 1, and 1.5 is not unusual anymore.

Still mostly playing as the medic.

Had one great match where I went around the base we were attacking, came in from the back and got 9 kills, and pretty much wiped out the defenses single handed. Shooting people in the back sure is a lot easier.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

The medic is ridicously overpowered :rolleyes:

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on April 07, 2010, 10:02:21 AM
I've killed Humvees with single RPG shots, and helicopters are one shot kills.  Maybe you're missing the target?

The tanks and APCs take a couple though.

Hmm, maybe I just have the BMD-3 stuck in my head.  That thing usually takes 2 shots to kill (sometimes maybe more), when one shot in the rear should kill it.

Berkut

Why should 1 shot kill it?

In a world where one burst from a LMG won't kill a person, seems a bit silly to insist a AFV should be taken out by one shot from an RPG.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned