Previous topic - Next topic

Love or hate?

Love
Meh
Hate
Who?
Love Jaron

DGuller

This is my first poll, so go easy on me if I fuck this up.

As I was watching Olympics, I found myself turned off by Linsey Vonn, and even started to strongly dislike her.  Her shin and the rest of her give me the vibe of a major attention whore.  As I shared by feelings with other people, I was surprised to learn that they felt the same way.  What does Languish think?

Ed Anger

I'd love...to stick my penis in her ample ass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

She has a nice ass.  So I suppose that's a positive opinion.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Like Bode Miller before her, she was built up because she was one of USA's best bets to medal and that she is attractive sure didn't hurt.

Personally  it's been meh, i haven't really been watching Olympics fluff coverage.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

The US media coverage of her is way over the top, but you can't really blame her for that.  Though like anyone who gets that treatment - Tiger Woods, Tim Tebow- Tom Brady- it makes it very hard to like them even though it is not directly their fault.

And yes I would stick my thumb up her butt.

Berkut

What is there to dislike about her?

I didn't really follow her story enough to form a strong opinion one way or the other. She seems like a damn good skier, and she won the US some medals, so that seems good enough for me.

Am I missing something horrible?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Just a vibe more than anything else. 

If I had to identify the moment, it would be the endless saga about the shin.  That has to be the most famous shin in the world.  It was also a very convenient shin.  If you fail, you got an excuse.  If you succeed, you got an enormous obstacle that you heroically overcame.  Before either happens, you get to give interviews after interviews with minute-by-minute updates on the well-being of your shin.

The second moment would be the crying that went on and on and on after she won the gold, and didn't stop until the camera stopped pointing in her face.  Please.  Lots of people cry when they win, even men do, but the uncontrollable sobbing that lasts minutes?  That's just creepy.

Syt

Well, she grew up with her German rival Maria Riesch, speaks fluent German and is married to an Austrian. Actually, I know some Austrians who thought she'd be starting for Austria, not the U.S.

Since I think that alpine women's skiing is a club of stuck up, prissy bitches I vote "meh".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Syt on February 23, 2010, 12:00:45 PM
Since I think that alpine women's skiing is a club of stuck up, prissy bitches I vote "meh".

Not had much luck with them, eh?  :hug:

Barrister

This seems like yet another "I don't like someone because they're getting too much media coverage".

She's fine, and if the coverage annoys you turn it off.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Easy on the eyes but no opinion on her. But I sure love Jaron (even if I recently noticed he defriended me on facebook at some point).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on February 23, 2010, 11:59:16 AM
Just a vibe more than anything else. 

If I had to identify the moment, it would be the endless saga about the shin.  That has to be the most famous shin in the world.  It was also a very convenient shin.  If you fail, you got an excuse.  If you succeed, you got an enormous obstacle that you heroically overcame.  Before either happens, you get to give interviews after interviews with minute-by-minute updates on the well-being of your shin.

The second moment would be the crying that went on and on and on after she won the gold, and didn't stop until the camera stopped pointing in her face.  Please.  Lots of people cry when they win, even men do, but the uncontrollable sobbing that lasts minutes?  That's just creepy.

She won the 2008 and 2009 World Championships. I don't think she really needs to invent injuries in order to create an excuse in case she doesn't win. What an odd accusation to make - does she have a history of fake injuries or something?

How do you know the sobbing stopped when the camera was no longer pointed at her face, since presumably you could no longer see her? Are you saying that the crying, along with the shin injury, was faked?

Maybe she should be getting an Oscar instead of a gold medal, since she apparently planned out this fake injury so she could excuse the fake crying after her not so fake gold medal.

Dude, unless you know something I do not, you are the biggest killjoy over Olympic emotions ever. The girl won a freaking gold medal, and she got emotional. So what. Nobody forced NBC to shove a camera in her face afterward. Your problem with her is way more creepy than her crying... :huh:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 23, 2010, 12:04:34 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 23, 2010, 12:00:45 PM

Not had much luck with them, eh?  :hug:

Nothing to do with that. But if I had known that Austria has mountains I would have stayed in Holstein!  :mad:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Big who.
Von What I say.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2010, 12:13:58 PM
She won the 2008 and 2009 World Championships. I don't think she really needs to invent injuries in order to create an excuse in case she doesn't win. What an odd accusation to make - does she have a history of fake injuries or something?

How do you know the sobbing stopped when the camera was no longer pointed at her face, since presumably you could no longer see her? Are you saying that the crying, along with the shin injury, was faked?

Maybe she should be getting an Oscar instead of a gold medal, since she apparently planned out this fake injury so she could excuse the fake crying after her not so fake gold medal.

Dude, unless you know something I do not, you are the biggest killjoy over Olympic emotions ever. The girl won a freaking gold medal, and she got emotional. So what. Nobody forced NBC to shove a camera in her face afterward. Your problem with her is way more creepy than her crying... :huh:

I have heard other media outlets saying the same thing about her shin injury, of course that just comes back to the root of the problem, too much media coverage.