News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I continue to really like how Texas is progessing.  There is a new commitment to the running game, the defense is swarming and the defensive backs are actually catching interceptions, and the passing game is getting back up to last years standards.

Overall the coaches seem like they are actually coaching and the team gets better every week.  Most of the crap I saw the first two weeks is being solved.  Pity now they get an off week.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Yeah, an early test against a powerhouse like Wyoming really helps focus the season.  :D
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 26, 2009, 11:36:17 PM
This UH - TTU game is awesome.

Edit:  Coogs win!   :w00t:  Fuck Tech.

If Leach had not been a moron and just kicked those field goals he could have cashed in on...oh well if he did that he would not be Mike Leach.

Huge win for Houston.  They are now entering Conference play and if something bad happens to both Boise State and TCU they could be a BCS buster.  Hehe how much would it suck for two of those teams if all three go unbeaten?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on September 27, 2009, 05:17:51 PM
Yeah, an early test against a powerhouse like Wyoming really helps focus the season.  :D

:blush:

Hey Wyoming is 2-2 now -_-

PDH

If TCU goes undefeated they will have done something - sure they get Utah at home, but playing BYU then late in the season coming to Laramie...I shudder at the effect of our Bench-Standing by that point in the season. TCU might as well just not show up.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2009, 05:18:53 PM
Hey Wyoming is 2-2 now -_-
Wyoming beat a team (after coming from behind, so that felt good) that has lost 20 road games in a row...still, I will take it.  :)
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Ed Anger

As long as somebody knocks Boise State out of going to a BCS bowl, I'll be happy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 27, 2009, 05:21:47 PM
As long as somebody knocks Boise State out of going to a BCS bowl, I'll be happy.
indeed
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Valmy

Baylor's star QB is out for the year.  So much for their dreams of mediocrity.

Valmy

Here is their remaining schedule:

UC Davis
@ Tulsa
@ Hawaii
San Jose State
@ Louisiana Tech
Idaho
@ Utah State
Nevada
New Mexico State

It seems really unlikely Boise could fuck that up, but here is hoping.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2009, 05:26:21 PM
Baylor's star QB is out for the year.  So much for their dreams of mediocrity.

That's too bad.  That guy is a helluva player.

Their second string guy got hurt in that game too, didn't he?

CountDeMoney

Fuck that shit.  Boise State makes good bowls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBC9t4v8MZ4&feature=related

:P

Ed Anger

What I'd like to see is something like last year. They thought they was going to get one, but a more established school (Ahem, Ohio State) knocked them out of it.

Their agony was delicious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I thought they had to play Tulsa still? Oh well, BSU is still "Trucker U" and they still suck.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2009, 05:31:28 PM
Fuck that shit.  Boise State makes good bowls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBC9t4v8MZ4&feature=related

:P

I could watch the highlights of that game all damn day.  Still, I hate Boise for their field.