News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2009, 04:27:46 PM
You can always root for the Marshall Thundering Turd.

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2009, 04:34:50 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2009, 04:27:46 PM
You can always root for the Marshall Thundering Turd.

:lol: I'd probably just give up on college football altogether before I'd get to that point. 

Marshall is so bad these days, it's almost no fun to mock them.

Snyder's worse than Stewart.  Which is actually bad for WVU--it may end up taking them even longer to realize that Stewart needs to go than it's taken Marshall with Snyder.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on September 08, 2009, 09:18:33 AM
I think Iowa will be a very difficult win, to be honest, even if Arizona is as good as I hope. Not an easy place to go and get a win ever.
You do realize Iowa doesn't have a single running back on the roster who has ever taken a college snap, don't you?

derspiess

Quote from: dps on September 08, 2009, 06:18:41 PM
Snyder's worse than Stewart.  Which is actually bad for WVU--it may end up taking them even longer to realize that Stewart needs to go than it's taken Marshall with Snyder.

Snyder is a trainwreck & it amazes me he still has his job after 4 losing seasons with no improvement, but he was put in the unfortunate role of having to clean up Pruett's mess.  And I'm still trying to figure out how moving to C-USA was a good idea for Marshall.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2009, 07:04:15 PM
I think Iowa will be a very difficult win, to be honest, even if Arizona is as good as I hope. Not an easy place to go and get a win ever.
You do realize Iowa doesn't have a single running back on the roster who has ever taken a college snap, don't you?

Isn't that just a trick play?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2009, 07:08:13 PM
Quote from: dps on September 08, 2009, 06:18:41 PM

Snyder is a trainwreck & it amazes me he still has his job after 4 losing seasons with no improvement, but he was put in the unfortunate role of having to clean up Pruett's mess.  And I'm still trying to figure out how moving to C-USA was a good idea for Marshall.

Well, it would have been a good move if they were still a good team.  The timing was really bad.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2009, 07:09:46 PM
Isn't that just a trick play?

Soon the Wildcat will be a regular formation!

Actually giving the running back the ball at all is rapidly becoming a trick play in the Big 12...I mean unless he catches a pass.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2009, 07:04:15 PM

With the O-line they have, you could rush for 1200 yards.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

The most important poll in the land...well ok it is not really a poll but here is the bottom 10:

Quote1. Western Kentucky 0-1 "Don't Let Me Down": After they put up only seven points and 83 total yards against the Vols, the Bottom 10 is confident the Hilltoppers won't let us down this season.
2. Eastern Michigan 0-1 "Ticket To Ride": A home loss to Army seems to indicate the Eagles will have a season-long ticket to ride in the Bottom 10. And they might be ticketed for a long ride.
3. New Mexico State 0-1 "Eight Days A Week": Even if new coach DeWayne Walker worked the Aggies eight days a week, that might not be enough to get them out of the Bottom 10 in '09.
4. Tulane 0-1 "If I Needed Someone": The Green Wave need someone. In fact, it looks like the Green Wave need a bunch of someones this season.
5. Oregon 0-1 "A Hard Day's Night": The offense struggled. LeGarrette Blount threw that punch. It was a tough first game for new coach Chip Kelly and the Ducks.
6. Virginia 0-1 "Do You Want To Know A Secret": Losing at home to William & Mary will land you in the Bottom 10 -- and put your coach in hot water.
7. Temple 0-1 "Twist And Shout": The Owls definitely are twisting and shouting after losing to neighbor (and FCS team) Villanova, but it's not the feel-good kind the Beatles hit inspired.
8. Duke 0-1 "Come Together": It looked like the Blue Devils had come together around David Cutcliffe, but a loss to Richmond indicates that is not the case -- at least yet.
9. Ball State 0-1 "I Want You": The Bottom 10 does want the Cardinals. We want them so bad, especially after a home loss to preseason No. 1 North Texas.
10. Washington 0-1 "Getting Better": A nation-worst 15 straight losses keeps the Huskies on the list, but don't expect U-Dub to be a part of our rocked band for much longer.

Congrats to all  the ranked teams!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: dps on September 08, 2009, 07:33:20 PM
Well, it would have been a good move if they were still a good team.  The timing was really bad.

I would not put C-USA significantly above the MAC.  On top of that, Marshall's fan base, which travels well within relatively short distances, got royally screwed over.  You'd think that would please me, but it doesn't :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: derspiess on September 09, 2009, 04:39:52 PM
Quote from: dps on September 08, 2009, 07:33:20 PM

I would not put C-USA significantly above the MAC. 

I'm not convinced that C-USA is particularly stronger than the MAC, either, but I think that the general perception around the country is that C-USA is a stronger conference.  Look at it this way--after their fast start last year, East Carolina wuuld have had a good chance to be a BCS buster if they had won out, but Ball State had no chance to get to a BCS bowl even if the had avoided the loss.

grumbler

Friday night and no smack talk?  :huh:

My predictions for tomorrow:  Michigan's victory over Notre Dame will be by less than their two-time-record 38 points.  In fact, by 28 less points.  Michigan will surge way ahead late in the second quarter and the first part of the third, and then Notre Dame will cut the lead to ten before fizzling out.

Michigan 34, ND 24.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Anybody watching Colorado at Toledo?  Toledo just went up 13-0.  Might be a long year for Colorado.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on September 11, 2009, 04:30:13 PM
Michigan's victory over Notre Dame

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FIASLG IFAIUFL UIAGAGLDFFAIL

Holy Mother Church 35, Bill Ayers' Alma Mater 12

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: dps on September 11, 2009, 08:38:25 PM
Anybody watching Colorado at Toledo?  Toledo just went up 13-0.  Might be a long year for Colorado.

Wow.  30- 3 now.