News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Colorado looked like they were coming back, but now Toledo's up 44-24.

Yeah, it's gonna be a long year for Colorado.  If Toledo's offense can do this to them, what will Big 12 offensives do to them?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: dps on September 11, 2009, 10:49:43 PM
what will Big 12 offensives do to them?

Well if Colorado actually is as bad as they've looked in these first two games:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200512030018

Syt

ESPN America today:
16:00     Live College GameDay
18:00    Live Fresno State at Wisconsin
21:30    Live Notre Dame at Michigan - College Football
01:00    Live College Football Scoreboard - College Football
02:00    Live USC at Ohio State - College Football
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 12, 2009, 08:49:43 AM

Cool...you get to see both grumber AND Monkeybutt feel Transatlantic pain.  You'll actually be able to see the moment when their eyes bleed.

dps

Hmm.  I wonder which noon game I should watch.  I've got 6 choices:  Stanford at Wake Forest, Troy at Florida, Fresno State at Wisconsin, Central Michigan at Michigan State, Iowa at Iowa State, or North Carolina at Connecticut.  I've got not particular rooting interest in any of them, but I think that either Stanford-Wake Forest or Freson State-Wisconsin should be the best game.  I'll probably end up just switching channels a lot.

Syt

Teehee. Pittsburgh is slaughtering the Buffalo Bulls. 27-7 in the middle of the second quarter.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2009, 10:05:28 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 12, 2009, 08:49:43 AM

Cool...you get to see both grumber AND Monkeybutt feel Transatlantic pain.  You'll actually be able to see the moment when their eyes bleed.

If Ohio State is being blown out at half, I'm leaving the fucking stadium.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Lol.  Michigan State choked again.

Sophie Scholl

UB gave it a good try against Pitt, alas it was not meant to be.  It's good to see them compete though, and barring a few silly mistakes and fuckups, they would have had a legit shot :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Without seeing the game I have to say that Dion Lewis' stats in his first two games are pretty impressive.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Oh FFS - ND gets inside the 20, and manages to come away with no points.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

17-14 Notre Dame, 5 minutes remaining.  :)

6-3 Texas over Wyoming? :o
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: dps on September 12, 2009, 02:28:30 PM
Lol.  Michigan State choked again.

Usually they wait until four or five games in.  :P

OTOH---This is not the usual pattern. Maybe they'll run the table after this...

nah.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Only thing bad about the Michigan state game was Pam "Froggy" Ward in the fucking booth. WHO IS SHE BLOWING AT ESPN? :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

stjaba

Quote from: Syt on September 12, 2009, 02:40:10 PM
Without seeing the game I have to say that Dion Lewis' stats in his first two games are pretty impressive.

Yeah, except Pitt has only played Buffalo and Youngstown State so far. Buffalo is a respectable squad for MAC standards, but not for BCS, and Youngstown State is D1-AA. We won't really know where Pitt stands for at least 2 weeks.