News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 06, 2009, 08:45:45 AM
It was a home game and they had a 15 point lead. If Ohio St. had lost, it would have indeed been a choke.

A choke? Yes. But a chock? Debatable.

And Tim still sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 05, 2009, 08:12:38 PM
Heh.  William and Mary is up by 12 on Virginia with ~2 minutes left.  They've won.  Nice job Virginia.
OMG!  TEH  GRATIST UPSET OF ALL TIME!!!ONEONEONE

(Actually, it is kinda funny, because, while Virginia has lost to W&M in the past, their overall wining record against Div-1A schools is better than Michigan's and likely always will be).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Well, shit.  I hate BYU but it is good to see them play well on a national stage against a team that has far more talent. 

BYU, Utah, TCU all are good teams and make the Mountain West's arguments a bit stronger, and of course UWyo's impressive display against Weber State shows that this conferences is damn strong top to bottom!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: PDH on September 06, 2009, 09:35:03 AM
Well, shit.  I hate BYU but it is good to see them play well on a national stage against a team that has far more talent. 

BYU, Utah, TCU all are good teams and make the Mountain West's arguments a bit stronger, and of course UWyo's impressive display against Weber State shows that this conferences is damn strong top to bottom!

People will really take notice when your guys handle Valmy's Longhorns. :yes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I decided to check the OSU message boards this morning while the pig slow cooks. Full of calls for the O-line coach to quit, be fired or hung from lampposts.

And Tressel to be fired.

Hilarious. Nothing is more fun than some Ohio State fans in full froth.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 06, 2009, 09:37:22 AM
Quote from: PDH on September 06, 2009, 09:35:03 AM

People will really take notice when your guys handle Valmy's Longhorns. :yes:
Wyoming will take it easy on them and only win by one point like BYU did against Oklahoma.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 06, 2009, 12:48:27 AM
Yeah only 59 points and 560 yards of offense.  Totally uninspired play.

I didn't say uninspired I said lackluster.  The turnovers and blown coverages and so forth.

Oh and one sack, that was it.

They have some things to work on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on September 06, 2009, 09:45:59 AM
Wyoming will take it easy on them and only win by one point like BYU did against Oklahoma.

Wyoming's sportsmanship will be an inspiration to us all. :cry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2009, 09:59:40 AM
[I didn't say uninspired I said lackluster. 

Isn't that worse?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 06, 2009, 10:03:40 AM
Isn't that worse?

No.  I would much rather they had some rough edges and made mistakes then not play hard.

CountDeMoney

Colt McCoy: The only name more gay than Major Applewhite.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on September 06, 2009, 09:29:42 AM
Heh.  William and Mary is up by 12 on Virginia with ~2 minutes left.  They've won.  Nice job Virginia.

It still hurts, doesn't it?  There, there.  There, there.  :hug: :console:

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2009, 10:00:14 AM

Wyoming's sportsmanship will be an inspiration to us all. :cry:
Really, we are an inspiring state.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2009, 10:34:26 AM
Quote from: grumbler on September 06, 2009, 09:29:42 AM

It still hurts, doesn't it?  There, there.  There, there.  :hug: :console:
Not at all.  The Oregon game the next week was much, much worse.  Imagine how it felt to be a Notre Dame fan the third week of the season, watching your team get absolutely spanked by "the team that lost to Appalachian State!"   :lol:   I am willing to bet that that hurt worse than watching your team lose a close one to ASU!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Strix

Go Cuse!

Good showing by the Orange for a change! Marrone already has the fan base excited and interested in Syracuse football again.

On a down note, I am already sick and tired of all the t-shirts proclaiming that "The Devil Wears Orange".
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher