News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

So hopefully the Tulane - Tulsa game tonight won't be as full of sucktasticness as the two games they showed yesterday. 

There really seem to be a lot of handjobs going around for Boise, when they weren't exactly stellar out there either, defense included.  Oregon couldn't have gotten a first down against my high school team the way they were playing in the first half and a good chunk of the third q.  Then again, the "statue decoy QB with the ball" idea is an interesting one, as is the "hand the ball off when they're already hitting the RB" thing, so maybe that's what was throwing them off.

Edit:  Heh heh heh

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2009, 04:42:01 PM
Suspended for the year

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/archives/178376.asp?source=mypi

I am glad to see this and I am glad it was the team that did it not the conference.  Looking back it wasn't the punch that disgusted me as a Ducks fan, it was him trying to go after the fans and needing police and security to remove him from the field.  The punch was stupid and never should have happened, but I can understand it int eh heat of the moment and while still on the field.  The antics afterwards were really embarrassing.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, the totality of his overall performance after the game deserved a year long suspension.  Absolutely appaling!

And I hope #94 is ashamed of himself, because he got knocked the fuck right out.  Unconscious before he hit the ground.  ESPN's camera angle was great, you see his eyes roll up into his head as he drops like a bag of wet cement.

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2009, 06:40:35 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 03, 2009, 10:36:44 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2009, 10:34:36 AM

10:15 PM ET No. 16 Oregon at No. 14 Boise State

I hope the Ducks rape Boise State. Blue turf should be banned.

Fuck Boise State and fuck the Ducks for choking.

"Choking" implies that Oregan was ever actually end the game, but fell short at the end.  They didn't choke, they just got their butts kicked.

QuoteLooking back it wasn't the punch that disgusted me as a Ducks fan, it was him trying to go after the fans and needing police and security to remove him from the field.  The punch was stupid and never should have happened, but I can understand it int eh heat of the moment and while still on the field.  The antics afterwards were really embarrassing.

I suspect that it was what came after the punch that got him the year-long suspension.  The punch itself would have probably only gotten him a game or two.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on September 04, 2009, 07:45:48 PM
"Choking" implies that Oregan was ever actually end the game, but fell short at the end.  They didn't choke, they just got their butts kicked.

Yeah, Boise State simply pushed Oregon's shit in during the first half.  Duckies, deal with it.

And now, losing their #1 running back, and the projected #2 RB in next year's draft, Oregon's got a long season ahead of them.  Buh bye, PAC10 title chances.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2009, 05:58:00 PM
Yeah, the totality of his overall performance after the game deserved a year long suspension.  Absolutely appaling!
If they were going to suspend him for his game performance, the suspension would include a requirement to repay his scholarship money.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

You know, Opening Saturday reminds me of grumbler's weak defense of Michigan, and how their upset at the hands of Appalachian State wasn't just THE GREATEST COLLEGE UPSET OF ALL TIME.
Ah, memories.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2009, 10:02:50 AM
You know, Opening Saturday reminds me of grumbler's weak defense of Michigan, and how their upset at the hands of Appalachian State wasn't just THE GREATEST COLLEGE UPSET OF ALL TIME.
Ah, memories.
What was funny was how the very next upset was also THE GREATEST COLLEGE UPSET OF ALL TIME!!!oneoneone.  I pointed out how that would happen.

I don't have good vibes about today's game, either.  RR's legacy as the first Michigan coach to ever lose to a MAC team may not be secure enough for him; if he can make it as the first to lose to MAC teams in consecutive seasons, I think he will have it locked.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on September 05, 2009, 10:16:33 AM
What was funny was how the very next upset was also THE GREATEST COLLEGE UPSET OF ALL TIME!!!oneoneone.  I pointed out how that would happen.

I rest my case.  :P

I don't have good vibes about today's game, either.  RR's legacy as the first Michigan coach to ever lose to a MAC team may not be secure enough for him; if he can make it as the first to lose to MAC teams in consecutive seasons, I think he will have it locked.

What you need to be concerned with is next week, Mr. Blue.  :P

Syt

Hm, Navy vs. Ohio. What I've seen from MB's avatars of Brutus I can't decide which team is more gay.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 05, 2009, 11:04:27 AM
Hm, Navy vs. Ohio. What I've seen from MB's avatars of Brutus I can't decide which team is more gay.

Ohio State.  At least Navy has future Marines on their team.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2009, 11:16:30 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 05, 2009, 11:04:27 AM

Ohio State.  At least Navy has future Marines on their team.

But Navy has, as I just saw, all male cheerleaders. :x
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 05, 2009, 11:22:08 AM

They're prettier than the sickly Eurotrash you use in your avatars.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2009, 11:42:53 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 05, 2009, 11:22:08 AM

They're prettier than the sickly Eurotrash you use in your avatars.

You spend too much time playing with Siege and Marty.
—Stephen Jay Gould