News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 31, 2009, 01:11:27 PM

Doesn't every major NCAA program break that rule?

I have no idea; but given the Wolverine's record last year, I would certainly hope so.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

QuoteMichigan, which has won more games than any program in college football history, has never been found guilty of major violations in football.

Hiring RichRod was a abortion of an idea.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 31, 2009, 02:58:30 PM
QuoteMichigan, which has won more games than any program in college football history, has never been found guilty of major violations in football.

Hiring RichRod was a abortion of an idea.
Yeah - if this is true.

If found true, he is done, no matter what his record this year.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 31, 2009, 01:15:47 PM

Just saw this at lunchtime. Apparently, a bigger beef is that Michigan might not be able to run its investigation internally- off-season training is supposed to be voluntary, and only attended by training officials, but they had QC people from the school watching, with a strong hint of not-quite-voluntary-ness to the training sessions.

Pretty much every program has a lot of "voluntary" stuff that is voluntary in pretty much the same sense that Ted Kennedy "volunteered" to get a brain tumor.

sbr

Yep, I can't imagine how far over the line RichRod and his crew had to have pushed it to get current players to go to the media though.  I just hope the NCAA either really hammers them and proves that they care about the student part or just ignore it like they should; instead they will once again take some half-assed hypocritical stand on this though, just like every other violation since they killed SMU football.

Valmy

Bill in Sinton is READY for the mighty Louisiana Monroe fightin'....er....something or others.

QuoteWe must not overlook this team. Those that can please go to the game and really support the team. We must all stay focused to work to another great season. Remember we must be calm, cautious, collected, cool, careful and confident. Keep up the good work.

Now fellow Longhorn Posters. I may be gone now because I am changing computers and my technology knowledge isn't too good so this may be my last post. I will be able to read the comments I think but I probably can't log in because I have alas forgotten my password and have been unable to find out what it is. Nevertheless please know I am with you and will be flying my UT auto flag in Sinton in support of the Horns in all sports and efforts. It is great to be a Horn or in my case a Horn fan since I can't claim the honor of having ever attended UT.

If I am not able to get back it has been a great ride and remember I am still with you. Hook 'em Horns!

We might lose Bill!  Naturally the Longhorn fanbase is scrambling to prevent this disaster from occuring.

Meanwhile, I will be spending all week getting ready to shoot rainbows at Colt McCoy on Saturday.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

It's almost time.

Can Charley Weiss beat....Nevada? Stay tuned!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

About damn time too. I'm sick of summer sports.

Anyways, if anybody happens to catch the Eastern Kentucky vs. Indiana on TV, I'll be on the 45 yard line looking bored.

Valmy

The season starts tonight gentlemen.

7:00 PM ET South Carolina at North Carolina State
7:30 PM ET North Texas at Ball State
8:00 PM ET Eastern Kentucky at Indiana
9:00 PM ET Utah State at No. 19 Utah
10:15 PM ET No. 16 Oregon at No. 14 Boise State
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2009, 10:34:36 AM

10:15 PM ET No. 16 Oregon at No. 14 Boise State

I hope the Ducks rape Boise State. Blue turf should be banned.

MadImmortalMan

They're advertising the massive collision of titans airing this weekend: Florida vs Charleston Southern

OMG I must have ESPN360!!!!!1111
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

I'm gonna have to VPN into work to watch the WVU-Liberty game on ESPN360, since stupid-ass Time Warner Cable doesn't participate.  Before the schedule came out, I didn't know Liberty had a football team.

I'll be at the Bungles preseason game tonight, so I'll miss most of the Thursday night games.  But hey, I get to watch Jim Sorgi play yet again.  I feel like I know the guy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 02, 2009, 01:39:37 PM
It's almost time.

Can Charley Weiss beat....Nevada? Stay tuned!

Hating Charlie Weis is cool.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 03, 2009, 03:22:58 PM
Before the schedule came out, I didn't know Liberty had a football team.

That's because your college football knowledge is as ignorant as your pro football leanings.  Go say Hi to Mike Brown's cock for us, Captain Forehead.

Sam Rutigliano says to go fuck yourself.

FunkMonk

Gamecocks must fucking hang.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.