Quote from: Berkut on August 25, 2009, 09:26:45 AM
Americas douchiest colleges:

http://www.sportsinferno.com/forums/...ad.php?t=49894

• ASU is in there, so the list is awesome
  • Duke is #2, but onlybecause "we don't want to rank Duke #1 in anything"
  • Ohio State makes the list, as does Texas
This might be the best list ever.

24th?  WTF?! :angry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Grr, can't get to it the list for some reason (the page loads but I don't see any list).  What is Notre Dame ranked?  If they're not #1 then I agree with the WVU guy that they should be higher.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2009, 09:35:26 AM

24th?  WTF?! :angry:

Get working on your douchebaginess.  :hug:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 25, 2009, 09:47:26 AM
Grr, can't get to it the list for some reason (the page loads but I don't see any list).  What is Notre Dame ranked?  If they're not #1 then I agree with the WVU guy that they should be higher.

Brown is #1.  The list doesn't have anything to do with athletics, just general douchebaginess.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 25, 2009, 09:49:44 AM

What can I do to help Texas become as douchebagy as Ohio State?  What is your secret?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2009, 09:54:23 AM

What can I do to help Texas become as douchebagy as Ohio State?  What is your secret?

Despite what the article says, don't write letters to ex-longhorns in jail. Maurice here is Persona Non Grata.

First, you need to harass rival team fans with the police.
Second, Every sports segment on TV must be about the team.
Third, Renounce all other teams in the state. Sure, they may have football traditions of their own, but they are inferior.
Fourth, call in to sports talk radio and DEMAND that the OC and DC be fired immediately.
Fifth, if an in state recruit doesn't go to your school, he is a bum, a traitor and a dogfucker. My wife falls into this behavior regarding Indiana basketball players.  :blush:

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2009, 09:54:23 AM

Start saying "THE University of Texas" (emphasis on "THE") over & over and you'll get there :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

Quake in your cleats, University of Toledo:

QuoteExperts predict big improvement for U-M
Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News
Ann Arbor --ESPN college football analysts Kirk Herbstreit and Matt Millen, the former Lions president and CEO, weighed in on Michigan's chances this fall and what it means for the Wolverines now that U-M coach Rich Rodriguez said all three quarterbacks will take snaps in the season opener against Western Michigan.

Herbstreit and Millen spoke during a conference call Tuesday, and here's what they had to say:

• Herbstreit: "Personally, (I think there will be) a big improvement. I think that three wins last year and the way they played I know was frustrating for Michigan fans but in talking to Rich and listening to him give me some examples of how the team has collectively improved in the weight room, and you know when a coach says that, some people might roll their eyes, but that was an area where the Michigan program really needed to kind of go to the next level and it sounds like they've been able to do that this offseason. So I think, No. 1, you're going to see a team that's going to be faster and in better shape and much stronger, and I think that's going to help them.

"At the end of the day, everybody talks about Rich's improvement over the years where he's been as a head coach, (and) it's been because of the quarterback play. And I think when he says we're going to play all three, I think the only way coaches today, as (Rodriguez) says there aren't any preseason games, you have to give them a chance to play in front of 100,000 people, especially when they have limited reps (in practice), to see how they perform. They might be 10 times better than what they've shown during two-a-days. They might get nervous and not know how to react. But until you give them that chance, it's unfair to really make a decision. I understand he wants to play all three, but at the end of the day, I think one of the freshmen -- for them to get to that seven- or eight-win mark -- I think one of the freshmen will have to take the reins and take this offense to a different level.

" . . . my guess is Forcier will emerge and become the guy. I think he'll end up winning the job."

• Millen: "I couldn't agree more with you, Kirk. The bottom line is this -- they will be markedly different and better from a year ago. The learning curve is gone and it's not just a learning curve for the players learning the coaching staff, it's the coaching staff learning the players. It's a new system getting put in. It's a hard difference from what it had been under Coach (Lloyd) Carr. There are a lot of things that pave the way for this being a much improved team, but the bottom line in our game of football, regardless of whether it's high school, or college or professional football, where we're at right now, it comes down to that guy under center, always has, and it always will. It's a good way for Rich to get reps for all three guys, but I will tell you this, if Rich knew right now that he had one, he'd have one. He wouldn't have three. He's still in the process of finding out which guy is going to be the real deal."

If there's one thing Matt Millen knows how to evaluate it's coaches.  I feel reassured now.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

How Matt Millen has a football related job surprises me.

MadImmortalMan

Needs more A&M
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Savonarola

And it's already shaping up to be another great season for the Wolverines:

QuoteMichigan football program broke rules, players say
Rodriguez denies exceeding NCAA time guidelines
By MICHAEL ROSENBERG AND MARK SNYDER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITERS

The University of Michigan football team consistently has violated NCAA rules governing off-season workouts, in-season demands on players and mandatory summer activities under coach Rich Rodriguez, numerous players told the Free Press.

Players on the 2008 and 2009 teams described training and practice sessions that far exceeded limits set by the NCAA, which governs college athletics. The restrictions are designed to protect players' well-being, ensure adequate study time and prevent schools from gaining an unfair competitive advantage.

The players, who did not want to be identified because they feared repercussions from coaches, said the violations occurred routinely at the direction of Rodriguez's staff.

"It's one of those things where you can't say something," one current Wolverine said. "If you say something, they're going to say you're a lazy person and don't want to work hard."

That player was one of six current or former players who gave lengthy, detailed and nearly identical descriptions of the program to the Free Press.

"We know the practice and off-season rules, and we stay within the guidelines," Rodriguez said in a statement issued Friday to the Free Press. "We follow the rules and have always been completely committed to being compliant with all NCAA rules."

If the NCAA investigates and concludes that U-M willfully and repeatedly broke the rules, the NCAA could find major violations. That could trigger probation, loss of scholarships and loss of practice time.

Michigan, which has won more games than any program in college football history, has never been found guilty of major violations in football.

The players say they routinely are required to work out or practice many more hours throughout the year than the NCAA allows. They also say members of Rodriguez's staff have broken rules by monitoring off-season scrimmages.

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on August 31, 2009, 12:50:36 PM
And it's already shaping up to be another great season for the Wolverines:

QuoteMichigan football program broke rules, players say
Rodriguez denies exceeding NCAA time guidelines
By MICHAEL ROSENBERG AND MARK SNYDER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITERS

The University of Michigan football team consistently has violated NCAA rules governing off-season workouts, in-season demands on players and mandatory summer activities under coach Rich Rodriguez, numerous players told the Free Press.

Players on the 2008 and 2009 teams described training and practice sessions that far exceeded limits set by the NCAA, which governs college athletics. The restrictions are designed to protect players' well-being, ensure adequate study time and prevent schools from gaining an unfair competitive advantage.

The players, who did not want to be identified because they feared repercussions from coaches, said the violations occurred routinely at the direction of Rodriguez's staff.

"It's one of those things where you can't say something," one current Wolverine said. "If you say something, they're going to say you're a lazy person and don't want to work hard."

That player was one of six current or former players who gave lengthy, detailed and nearly identical descriptions of the program to the Free Press.

"We know the practice and off-season rules, and we stay within the guidelines," Rodriguez said in a statement issued Friday to the Free Press. "We follow the rules and have always been completely committed to being compliant with all NCAA rules."

If the NCAA investigates and concludes that U-M willfully and repeatedly broke the rules, the NCAA could find major violations. That could trigger probation, loss of scholarships and loss of practice time.

Michigan, which has won more games than any program in college football history, has never been found guilty of major violations in football.

The players say they routinely are required to work out or practice many more hours throughout the year than the NCAA allows. They also say members of Rodriguez's staff have broken rules by monitoring off-season scrimmages.

Doesn't every major NCAA program break that rule?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 31, 2009, 01:11:27 PM
Doesn't every major NCAA program break that rule?

Just saw this at lunchtime. Apparently, a bigger beef is that Michigan might not be able to run its investigation internally- off-season training is supposed to be voluntary, and only attended by training officials, but they had QC people from the school watching, with a strong hint of not-quite-voluntary-ness to the training sessions.
Experience bij!