NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on September 06, 2009, 10:59:21 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2009, 10:34:26 AM
Quote from: grumbler on September 06, 2009, 09:29:42 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 05, 2009, 08:12:38 PM
Heh.  William and Mary is up by 12 on Virginia with ~2 minutes left.  They've won.  Nice job Virginia.
OMG!  TEH  GRATIST UPSET OF ALL TIME!!!ONEONEONE

It still hurts, doesn't it?  There, there.  There, there.  :hug: :console:
Not at all.  The Oregon game the next week was much, much worse.  Imagine how it felt to be a Notre Dame fan the third week of the season, watching your team get absolutely spanked by "the team that lost to Appalachian State!"   :lol:   I am willing to bet that that hurt worse than watching your team lose a close one to ASU!

:mad:

Ass.

MadBurgerMaker

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 06, 2009, 03:01:57 PM
:lol:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-football/pryor-recaps-his-performance-vs-navy-53970

2:50 in.  Everyone is a murderer.
:lmfao:

I am not sure what he was trying to say, but what he said was not it!

I have always pitied those poor athletes just trying to do their best, but who have to, for some reason, perform for the media.  The better coaches keep the media away from the players, but that is hard with star players like Pryor.

(He may be a Buckeye, but even Buckeyes don't deserve to be pinned down so we can watch them squirm).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on September 06, 2009, 10:59:21 AM
Not at all.  The Oregon game the next week was much, much worse.  Imagine how it felt to be a Notre Dame fan the third week of the season, watching your team get absolutely spanked by "the team that lost to Appalachian State!"   :lol:   I am willing to bet that that hurt worse than watching your team lose a close one to ASU!
Being a Notre Dame fan is an exercise in pain, isn't it?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

OK, here are the current records of each conference games (format:  conference;  record in all non-conference games, record in non-conference games against 1-A opponents (none of that FBS/FCS crap for me);  record in non-conference games against teams in BCS AQ conferences*;  record against non-conference top 25 opponents).

ACC          4-6;  1-4;  0-4;  0-2
Big East    5-1;  1-1;  0-1;  0-0
Big 10     10-1;  6-1;  1-1;  0-0
Big 12     10-2;  6-2;  3-0;  1-1
Pac 10      6-2;  4-2;  1-1;  0-2
SEC         11-1;  7-1;  3-1;  1-1

CUSA         6-2;  0-2;  0-1;  0-1
MAC         3-10;  2-9;  0-7;  0-1
MWC          6-2;  3-2;  2-2;  2-0
SB              3-5;  1-5;  0-4;  0-2
WAC          3-4;  1-4;  1-3;  1-3

*I counted games against Notre Dame as games again a team in an AQ conference, but not games against Army or Navy.  This seems reasonable.

Bonus:  1-A teams that lost to 1-AA opponents:  Temple (MAC), Virginia (ACC), Duke (ACC).

Poor ACC.   :lol:

I hope I got everthing right here.  If anyone sees any mistake, let me know.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on September 07, 2009, 09:24:22 PM

Big 12 has a win against non-conference top 25 opponent.  :cry:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 07, 2009, 09:36:48 PM
Quote from: dps on September 07, 2009, 09:24:22 PM

Big 12 has a win against non-conference top 25 opponent.  :cry:

Oops.  Forgot Georgia was rated.  Fixed.

ulmont

That Georgia game was ugly.  First quarter was great, but then the offense and "teams" (they weren't very special) started to suck and there's only so much the defense can do when you insist on turning the ball over inside your 30.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: ulmont on September 07, 2009, 10:28:39 PM
That Georgia game was ugly.  First quarter was great, but then the offense and "teams" (they weren't very special) started to suck and there's only so much the defense can do when you insist on turning the ball over inside your 30.

I'm hoping Caleb King brings a little zip to the offense when he gets back. They were anemic against a team which had a really bad defense last year. Very inauspicious start.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I'm glad I stayed up for the end of that Miami-Florida State game. Wowzers.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2009, 06:31:16 AM
I'm glad I stayed up for the end of that Miami-Florida State game. Wowzers.  :)

Yeah, it was the best game I actually got to watch on opening weekend.  The sad part is it was the game that I had the least rooting interest in of all the games I got to see.

Valmy

Bill in Sinton is trying to lift my spirits before Texas' inevitable spanking at the hands of Wyoming:

QuoteRemember the game is in Wyoming and we have to play over 7,000 ft above sea level which is dangerous when you are not used to it. Plus it is the biggest game they have ever had there so they will be fired up and ready. Wyoming just beat Webber State who last year got to the second round of the Division 1 FSC playoffs and probably only lost to Montana because the game was in Montana. Remember Wyoming beat Tennessee on the road last year. Scary times indeed.

We must stay calm, cool, collected, careful, cautious,composed and confidence. It is important
to remain focused. We must cheer our team and ride around with our auto UT flags on our car and do the Hook 'em Horns sign. This is especially important for those in Austin. We must have synergy. The important of synergy cannot be over emphasized. We need to put much effort into this road game and not take it lightly.

But don't get discouraged. If we play well we have a good chance to win this game.

I must stay focussed...synergy will give us a good chance to win!  I will tell Mack Brown I will be there and can come in on a moment's notice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2009, 08:04:31 AM
Bill in Sinton is trying to lift my spirits before Texas' inevitable spanking at the hands of Wyoming:

QuoteRemember the game is in Wyoming and we have to play over 7,000 ft above sea level which is dangerous when you are not used to it. Plus it is the biggest game they have ever had there so they will be fired up and ready. Wyoming just beat Webber State who last year got to the second round of the Division 1 FSC playoffs and probably only lost to Montana because the game was in Montana. Remember Wyoming beat Tennessee on the road last year. Scary times indeed.

We must stay calm, cool, collected, careful, cautious,composed and confidence. It is important
to remain focused. We must cheer our team and ride around with our auto UT flags on our car and do the Hook 'em Horns sign. This is especially important for those in Austin. We must have synergy. The important of synergy cannot be over emphasized. We need to put much effort into this road game and not take it lightly.

But don't get discouraged. If we play well we have a good chance to win this game.

I must stay focussed...synergy will give us a good chance to win!  I will tell Mack Brown I will be there and come in on a moment's notice.

Bill is always worth a giggle or two.

Ed Anger

I'm thinking of doing an 'Ed in Bellbrook' shtick. Rabid Ohio State demagoguery on message boards with frothing calls to sports talk radio.