News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 03, 2009, 11:39:01 PM
Anyway...why does the Oregon QB like...take the snap and just sort of stand there sometimes?  On the INT he stood there for a second, jumped/turned, stood there for another second, threw the pick.  Very weird.

Not really sure.  I assume it has to do with the option part of the offense; kind of like a draw play to a running back.

Oh fuck another fumble.  :bash:

derspiess

Anyway...why does the Oregon QB like...take the snap and just sort of stand there sometimes?  On the INT he stood there for a second, jumped/turned, stood there for another second, threw the pick.  Very weird.

Some QBs apparently think that looks cool.  There's no useful purpose in it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

And Boise gives it right back.

Man, this one is getting sloppy.

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on September 03, 2009, 11:45:34 PM

Some QBs apparently think that looks cool.  There's no useful purpose in it.

I highly doubt it is because the QB thinks it "looks cool."  Football player are like Russians, it is part of the plan somehow.

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on September 03, 2009, 11:47:21 PM
I highly doubt it is because the QB thinks it "looks cool."  Football player are like Russians, it is part of the plan somehow.

Seriously, I think it's a "style" thing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on September 03, 2009, 11:47:21 PM

It doesn't seem like it has any sort of purpose.  He's not hiding the ball or faking a handoff or anything like that.  He's just standing there holding the ball in front of his face. 

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  Wow.  Blount just lost his damn mind.

sbr

What a punk.  I hope they throw that fucker off the team.

MadBurgerMaker

:XD:

They really had some great camera angles for this one.  There was also apparently a fight between other Ducks players?  Or are they referring to Blount hitting that Oregon WR in the face when the guy was trying to hold him back?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 03, 2009, 10:36:44 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2009, 10:34:36 AM

10:15 PM ET No. 16 Oregon at No. 14 Boise State

I hope the Ducks rape Boise State. Blue turf should be banned.

Fuck Boise State and fuck the Ducks for choking.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Wow, what a sucker punch.  :D

I'm sorry I went to bed and missed it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Wow, people are talking about this ending his college career.

I don't see it. He will (and should be) penalized, but no way is he getting kicked off the team. I wonder if the Pac-10 will get involved, or just leave it up to Oregon to handle?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on September 04, 2009, 10:32:13 AM

I don't see it. He will (and should be) penalized, but no way is he getting kicked off the team. I wonder if the Pac-10 will get involved, or just leave it up to Oregon to handle?
Well, he was suspended once before and he basically assaulted an opponent on the field and had to get dragged out by the cops.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Agree that this won't end his career, and agree that that is sad.

I do wonder if he will spend some time in the pokey, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2009, 10:38:56 AM

Well, he was suspended once before and he basically assaulted an opponent on the field and had to get dragged out by the cops.

So? Throwing a punch at someone is not exactly that unusual - the only difference here is that it was on tape, after the game was over. That is *a* difference certainly, but is it really enough to kick him off of the team?

I don't know anything about his previous suspension - what was it for?

And more importantly, when does Arizona play Oregon...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned