Olympic Excitement

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2010, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on February 28, 2010, 06:17:38 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 28, 2010, 06:12:44 PM
Wonderful fun.  Well done Canada.  COMMONWEALTH HO! :wub: :hug:
Are the brit papers still bitching?
:lol:  Almost certainly.  It's what they do.  Anyway it's more to do with how inevitably shit they think 2012 will be (or want it to be) than anything to do with Vancouver :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Congrats, eh.

Is that a typical ratio of French to non-French players on a national team?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Oh yeah!

Well played team USA, great game.

I'm going for a walk to enjoy the Vancouver post victory ambience.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Barrister on February 28, 2010, 06:21:00 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 28, 2010, 06:20:17 PM
Curling. :lol:

Curling. :cool:

:glare:

Fucking curling.  There's a curling rink four or five towns over that I'm going to have to start going to visit in order to feed the Curling Monkey that this Olympics put on my back...

C.C.R.

I've been meaning to ask for the last few days & just haven't had a chance:  What kind of ink has Toews been getting in The Great White North for his Olympic play?  Because the Canadian games have been on almost exclusively in Prime Time I got to watch most of their play, and I was seeing Toews have a fucking MONSTER tournament for Canada.  I mean yeah, sure, as a Blackhawks fan I'm already a Toews fan, but from my living room it seemed like he did an awesome job defensively & especially killing penalties.  His point production (including his goal today) was more like the icing on the cake as opposed to the cake itself.  Or something...

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 28, 2010, 06:23:07 PM
Congrats, eh.

Is that a typical ratio of French to non-French players on a national team?
Counting Dan Boyle (Franco-Ontarian) and Jonhattan Toews (Franco-Manitoban), I think there were a little more French players this time.  That would be 8 out of 22.  But Fleury didn't play a single game.  Would have put him instead of Brodeur has 2nd goalie, had it been my choice.

Anyway, they won, so nobody's asking any questions :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on February 28, 2010, 06:31:35 PM
I'm going for a walk to enjoy the Vancouver post victory ambience.
I would imagine they'll start burning cop cars any minute.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: C.C.R. on February 28, 2010, 06:37:13 PM
I've been meaning to ask for the last few days & just haven't had a chance:  What kind of ink has Toews been getting in The Great White North for his Olympic play?
Ink, I don't really know... but there's been a lot of positive comments on TV about him.  One of my friend doubted he had his place in this tournament, because of his young age, and he had to recant his statement.  Great player :)

It will be nice to see Chicago-Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cups final this year ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: C.C.R. on February 28, 2010, 06:37:13 PM
I've been meaning to ask for the last few days & just haven't had a chance:  What kind of ink has Toews been getting in The Great White North for his Olympic play?  Because the Canadian games have been on almost exclusively in Prime Time I got to watch most of their play, and I was seeing Toews have a fucking MONSTER tournament for Canada.  I mean yeah, sure, as a Blackhawks fan I'm already a Toews fan, but from my living room it seemed like he did an awesome job defensively & especially killing penalties.  His point production (including his goal today) was more like the icing on the cake as opposed to the cake itself.  Or something...
Toews has been widely praised as one of the top players at the tournament.  Him and Nash and Doughty have been showered in praise.  Iginla has done well too.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

It seems to me that adversity can help breed success, and so a lot of quality players are coming out of shitholes like the Maritimes, Manitoba and western Ontario.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on February 28, 2010, 06:49:03 PM

Toews has been widely praised as one of the top players at the tournament.  Him and Nash and Doughty have been showered in praise.  Iginla has done well too.

I really liked Nash's 'hit everybody' type of play.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

C.C.R.

Quote from: Neil on February 28, 2010, 06:49:03 PM

As they all should be.  Eddie Olczyk (color commentator for NBC+Versus+Chicago Blackhawks) is fond of repeating that it's important for players to Understand their role on their team & Execute, and the names that you mention above (IMO) all fired with both of those barrels in this tournament...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on February 28, 2010, 06:42:37 PM
Counting Dan Boyle (Franco-Ontarian) and Jonhattan Toews (Franco-Manitoban), I think there were a little more French players this time.  That would be 8 out of 22.  But Fleury didn't play a single game.  Would have put him instead of Brodeur has 2nd goalie, had it been my choice.

Dan Boyle is Franco?  :scratches head:

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 28, 2010, 07:00:27 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 28, 2010, 06:42:37 PM

Dan Boyle is Franco?  :scratches head:
It's pronounced 'Bwa-lai'.