Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I've actually moved to using no tactical officers on away missions, so I doubt I'll ever actually see my Breen.  But because it's time-limited I wanted to get it anyways.

Not sure if I can blast through 3 missions on my second toon tonight though (or if I'd want to). 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DontSayBanana

Yeah, I decided to grind a new Benzite tac... I know there've been some changes to lower-level missions, so I wanted to get a feel for the progression as it stands, as opposed to just zooming around in my VA Excelsior (now I know- Cryptic doesn't delete characters)
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 12, 2011, 10:42:15 AM
Yeah, I decided to grind a new Benzite tac... I know there've been some changes to lower-level missions, so I wanted to get a feel for the progression as it stands, as opposed to just zooming around in my VA Excelsior (now I know- Cryptic doesn't delete characters)

Don't get too excited.  They remastered ONE mission - the first one you do after leaving the tutorial.  I think they're planning to release a couple new remastered ones (the one with the Vulcan ambassador, and the one with the Guardian of orever), but that alone is probably not reason to start a new toon.

crazy canuck

Is there any consensus on which is the best career path to take?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 12, 2011, 11:14:05 AM
Is there any consensus on which is the best career path to take?

No.  All three have their proponents.

It is perhaps because PvP is not so well developed in the game that even minute differences are immediately jumped on.  I am enjoying levelling up my Engineer/Cruiser character, but when I jump back to my Science/Science toon I also enjoy those abilities.

The only thing I learned recently was (as mentioned) was that though it seems counter-intuitive, to not bring tac officers as part of your away teams, as they don't have any really helpful abilities for ground combat.  So far it seems to be true.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2011, 10:52:49 AM
Don't get too excited.  They remastered ONE mission - the first one you do after leaving the tutorial.  I think they're planning to release a couple new remastered ones (the one with the Vulcan ambassador, and the one with the Guardian of orever), but that alone is probably not reason to start a new toon.

Luckily, it wasn't a primary reason for me deciding to level an alt- it was that I had my Betazoid engineer main at VA1 shortly after the level cap was raised, so I was getting bored of constant Infection runs- I actually enjoyed the progressions more than I enjoy the top-tier stuff; grinding dailies just isn't my idea of fun, and my fleet couldn't get an RP storyline together to save their lives.

So I started a tac Benzite and have been playing more "RP-style," doing things like handing in my mission reports from the ready rooms, etc.
Experience bij!

Syt

One thing I hate about STO is the patching. I've been waiting for over half an hour now that the latest 220 B patch gets installed - and I'm still at 3.9% - I have started the patcher three times already.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Anyways, my main at the moment, the U.S.S. Wallenstein (NCC-91634):

Upper row from left to right:
Captain John Terclaes Tilly
Commander T'Par - First Officer
Lieutenant Commander Velak - Chief Medical Officer
Lieutenant Commander Gicayerr - Chief Engineer
Lieutenant Velak - Chief of Security

Bottom row:
Lieutenant Taleh D'jhav - Chief Science Officer
Chief Luron - Engineering
Lieutenant Two of Five - Engineering
Kyn
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

And my new alt:

Syzan Ephosi [SCI]
R'shee D'zav (security)
Suzhun (science)
Rocky Augustin Yeast (engineering)
Toree Dylas (security)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Cerr

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

JacobL

I had such high hopes this would get me playing a MMORPG again...but as all such games currently stand looks like WoW will be the last new online rpg I try.  I blame SWG... :yuk:

Barrister