News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

you dont need separate teams.  Each BO has separate ground and space skills which you can develop separately.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on February 06, 2010, 12:32:26 AM
I still haven't decided what I want to do with my BOffs.  I haven't sunk a single skill point into any of them.

Does anyone know how many you can keep on hand before running out of room?

Part of me would like to build separate away and bridge teams.  I'm not sure how well that would work however...

It increases each new rank.
up to 10 BO's at admiral iirc.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Syt

Yay, again scheduled maintenance on a weekend around noon.
QuoteWe will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 6, February from 3am to 5am (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. Keep your eyes here for updates regarding this maintenance.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

There's a neat ship comparison chart:
http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/stoshiptierchart2.png

It kinda makes me wonder again about my choice of a tac officer in a cruiser. I was aware that cruisers are slower and generally geared towards engineering.

However, I'm not sure if engineering buffs can set off the lack of use of my tac BOffs' advanced skills. And turn rate 5(!) for the Captain tier ship? Ouch. I'm having trouble getting a photorp at enemies with my Excalibur (turn rate 8), though mines have proven useful so far.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Sigh, no lt cdr for me tonight it seems as I keep getting booted everytime i try to log in my main with a game server not responding. My alts can log in fine <_<

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on February 06, 2010, 02:03:18 AM
There's a neat ship comparison chart:
http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/stoshiptierchart2.png

It kinda makes me wonder again about my choice of a tac officer in a cruiser. I was aware that cruisers are slower and generally geared towards engineering.

However, I'm not sure if engineering buffs can set off the lack of use of my tac BOffs' advanced skills. And turn rate 5(!) for the Captain tier ship? Ouch. I'm having trouble getting a photorp at enemies with my Excalibur (turn rate 8), though mines have proven useful so far.

I've been thinking about that issue too, and it seems to me that the tac-options of the cruisers improve drastically at T3 or T4

Syt

CO's Log, LtC Tilly. Stardate 201002.05

Dear Diary,

yesterday we received the new ship. A cruiser. Excalibur Class. NCC-91632, Wallenstein-A. I had a few parts refitted, and a new paint job and the guys at Starfleet Naval Yards did a decent job. Now, if it wouldn't take half a parsec to turn this thing around I'd be happy.

Also, the uniforms I'd ordered from the Starfleet Tailoring Division still haven't arrived. To show fake sympathy for the crew I reverted to their uniforms instead of sporting the antique models that have so far only been issued to the commanding officers.

The new ship came with new guys for the bridge staff. Luron, a fat little Ferengi will assist newly promoted Lt. Gicayerr in engineering. I wished he wouldn't try to bargain for replicator credits all the time. Also, I'd like if he'd take a bath once in a while.

Taleh is the new Andorian, I will say, female? science office to assist Velak. Velak doesn't seem bothered, but then again he's Vulcan and wouldn't tell me if he was.

Who's thoroughly pissed, though, is Tanak.

He's annoyed that he doesn't get to push buttons during combat but the smelly new Ferengi does. Personally, I was against having a Klingon on board when we're at war with the Empire. He can be glad that I didn't shove his traitorous ass out of an airlock the moment the first shots were fired. He's properly aggressive in ground combat, though. I'll keep him annoyed for a while to capitalize on that.

Supplemental.

The scientists at Memory Alpha are jackasses. Most of them are too far entrenched in their ivory towers to talk to the likes of me. And the one person who does deign to speak with me demands I bring anomalies, and the only thing I get in return will be upgrades to stuff I already have. Of course you can only take a look at their grocery lists when you go there. Guess they're too cheap to hand out energy credits or pay subspace bandwidth to broadcast their shopping lists to those of us who move into space a bit further than those spaceholes whose furthest commute is to the loo and back.

Unfortunately, Starfleet doesn't let me blast the idiots. Guess I'll have to take it out on the Klingons and Gorns again.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

katmai

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

CO's Log, LtC Tilly. Stardate 201002.05.15

While patrolling the Celes Sector we received a request from some hicks on a colony world that there was something strange going on. Something about coons?

Taleh insisted she and I, alone, beam down to "scan cocoons". As it turns out this was not a weird Andorian slang for intercourse.

She went on babbling about moths in the cocoons and how beautiful they are. Must be antennae envy. I wonder if she ever gets freaky with those things ... ?
—Stephen Jay Gould