Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 09, 2010, 03:46:04 PM
Eh, I don't know. I haven't seen his shields!

And yet you felt safe telling him they were BoE. :P
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 09, 2010, 03:15:00 PM
Quote from: HVC on February 09, 2010, 02:01:29 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 09, 2010, 01:53:54 PM
Bind on Equip.
is it? it's just a regular white item IIRC. then again i know nothign about stuff like that.

If you don't see "bound" under the name in the inventory description, then he's full of it.  It'll tell you if it's bound/bind on equip/bind on pickup (rare, from what I hear).

It's just like WoW in this respect.  "white" items are not bount, but green (and up) items are BoE.  Green items are not all that rare.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Alcibiades

Most shields aren't bind on equip, i have tons of MkIV shields, well did until I cleaned out my bank, that weren't bind on equip.  Not that I even  equip most of them.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

Anyone have any more guidance on Memory Alpha?  How many damn items to I need to "buy" there?

And is there anywhere I can buy medium hypos from a vendor?  The upgrade to a large hypo is fairly straight-forward, I can't find any mediums...

crazy canuck

Easiest things to upgrade there are the hypos, which drop during ground missions, personal shields which drop during ground missions and the medium generators which drop during space missions.

No idea how much of each you need to convert.  It would be really nice if there was some indication of how much more you have to go and how much credit converting each item gives you.  The whole system is screwed.  I stuff everything into my bank because I have no idea what I might have to use to upgrade after I get past the initial stage.

I am beginning to think I will just skip this part of the game and auction all my data off.

Alcibiades

Someone privated me when I asked there how many things I had to do before I would get a new vendor, and he said I had to do 12-18 things that used the blue data bytes.  It was random between those numbers, and that the phaser beam was the easiest one to do. 
:wacko:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 09, 2010, 04:41:11 PM
I am beginning to think I will just skip this part of the game and auction all my data off.

I'm reluctant to do that as I'm afraid that the gear from other scientists will be much more powerful, and once I'm at higher levels the right kinds of data won't be available.  I'd hate to, say, have to go farming in Delta Volanis cluster when I'm an Admiral.  Better to do it while I'm accumulating the right kinds of data.

But I think I upgraded at least 12 hypos and generators, so I suspect you do need to do the upgrades that use blue data, like Alci said.

crazy canuck

I have done a bunch of hypos/generators.

I have done 5 personal shields and and 2 phasor weapons.  I guess I am about half way there.  It would be a shame if the none blue upgrades were just a waste of time.  From the description in the patch it should be worth something.  Just not as much as the more expensive upgrades.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Supposedly you have to "craft" 7000 cr. worth of items at Romaine, but that's not very conclusive yet. Overall, there's some info scattered over several threads on the forums, but nothing really comprehensive, and I have to say that the items you get out of this pseudo-crafting don't look so great compared to the effort that goes into them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on February 10, 2010, 12:57:54 AM
Supposedly you have to "craft" 7000 cr. worth of items at Romaine, but that's not very conclusive yet. Overall, there's some info scattered over several threads on the forums, but nothing really comprehensive, and I have to say that the items you get out of this pseudo-crafting don't look so great compared to the effort that goes into them.

Sounds like crafting in every other MMO then. ;)

Syt

Is it me, btw, or do Cryptic staff hardly post anything at all on their forums (except the marketing dude)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on February 10, 2010, 01:07:41 AM
Is it me, btw, or do Cryptic staff hardly post anything at all on their forums (except the marketing dude)?

Check the Dev Tracker - seems like lots of posts by the Cryptic in the last 24 hours.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2010, 01:10:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 10, 2010, 01:07:41 AM

Check the Dev Tracker - seems like lots of posts by the Cryptic in the last 24 hours.

Most of it seems to be in the bugs forum (which I don't check much as it runs fine for me).
—Stephen Jay Gould