And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Ed's Playoff Picks, Wild Card edition:

Jets at Bungles. Bungles by a hair. Bungles aren't that great, but Sanchez turns into Mark Malone. A slightly brown Mark Malone

Ravens at pats. Ravens. I normally don't pick Pats games, but the bellicheat excuse machine makes me. "Brady has banged up ribs!" "the texans turf injured welker!" The pats dynasty is over. Fuck you Tim.

Green Bay at 'Zona. Green Bay. I'll take the GB linebackers anyday.

Eagles at 'Boys. 'Boys. I'd rather have Donovan win, but Tony Homo pulls it out.  :(

No point spreads, because I don't give a fuck. bite me.

citizen k

Barrister

Okay, for shits and giggles, my complete playoff pics:

Wild Card:
Patriots over Ravens.  Probably the toughest call, but I'm not betting against New England.
Bengals over Jets.  No way I'm betting with Sanchez.
Green Bay over Arizona.
Eagles over Cowboys.  No way this'll be the Cowboys first playoff win in over a decade.

Next Round (and gee I hope I get the matchups right):
Indianapolis over Cincinnati.
New England over San Diego.
New Orleans over Philadelphia
Minnesota over Green Bay (damn that'd be an interesting game)

Conference Round:
Indianapolis over New England
Minnesota over New Orleans (hell, I dunno)

Superbowl:
Indianapolis over Minnesota

katmai

Quote from: citizen k on January 08, 2010, 06:45:48 PM
Off topic, but ...

Seattle Seahawks fire Jim Mora:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557

? wow. didn't see that one coming even with the shitty year, but i guess that is what happens when there is regime change.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Heard they want to hire Pete Carrol.   :huh:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2010, 06:48:38 PM

Better him than another shitty Bellicheat disciple.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2010, 06:48:38 PM

Heh guess he knows the shit is gonna hit the fan with still dealing with Bush errors and now McKnight's?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Vince on January 08, 2010, 04:44:16 PM
If I Fed-Ex him a Utica tomato pie and some Chicken Riggies will that change his mind?
:mmm:  Throw in some Saranac beer and a few Hemstraught's half moons while you're at it.  Even he couldn't resist Utica's finest culinary delights.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Caliga

I would like to try chicken riggies (I keep forgetting to make it myself), but I've hate plenty of tomato pie, which is popular in Philly also.

now spiess, what was that about knowing where to get scrapple? :w00t:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Vince on January 08, 2010, 04:50:58 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 08, 2010, 04:48:15 PM

They got injured enough as it was.  Thankfully, checking out the injury report, all active/injured players have practiced this week & all but one are listed as Probable.

So hopefully the Bungles are healthy enough to put up a strong fight to prevent the 'Super Bowl favorites' from advancing tomorrow.

:lol:

I wish...  

You wish, but your team's doughy, teeth-whitened coach believes it :P

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/06/rex-ryan-jets-should-be-favored-to-win-the-super-bowl/?related=1
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

katmai

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."