Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Meanwhile, the hate continues...

QuoteModell doesn't make Hall of Fame list of 17 finalists

Art Modell, the former majority owner of the Ravens, didn't make the cut as the Hall of Fame committee announced its 17 finalists. Shannon Sharpe, who played tight end for the Ravens in 2000 and 2001, was named a finalist for the second straight season.

The selection committee will announce the inductees on Feb. 6, the day before the Super Bowl.

Modell has been a semifinalist for six of the past seven years. His candidacy has been a hot button issue with voters because of his unpopular relocation of the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore in February 1996.

Modell was last a finalist for the Hall of Fame in 2001. Since then, he was a semifinalist in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2010.

The Ravens' majority owner from 1996 to 2004, Modell sold the team to Steve Bisciotti. He is now a minority owner of the Ravens.

Besides Sharpe, the other 16 finalists are: wide receiver-returner Tim Brown, receiver Cris Carter; coach Don Coryell; running back Roger Craig; center Dermontti Dawson; defensive end Richard Dent; guard Russ Grimm; defensive end-linebacker Charles Haley; linebacker Rickey Jackson; defensive tackle Cortez Kennedy; defensive tackle John Randle; receiver Andre Reed; wide receiver Jerry Rice; running back Emmitt Smith; cornerback-coach Dick LeBeau and running back Floyd Little.

Admiral Yi

1/9 4:30 ET At Cincinnati -2.5 NY Jets
1/9 8:00 ET At Dallas -3.5 Philadelphia
1/10 1:00 ET At New England -3.5 Baltimore
1/10 4:40 ET At Arizona PK Green Bay

Interesting.

katmai

5 of those finalists played at least a season with Niners :wub:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Smith, Rice, and I think Brown should all be shoo-ins.  Thoughts?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Smith and Rice for sure. Some really good players amongst the rest. Dent, Randle and Kennedy had stretches where each were dominant. I mean Kennedy won Defensive MVP on a 2-14 Seahawks team

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 08, 2010, 10:21:47 PM

Emitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Don Coryell and Roger Craig are locks. 

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2010, 10:58:54 PM

I am not sure about Craig, I think Brown is more sure thing .

katmai

I'd hope Craig is a lock, I mean he's still to my knowledge the only player to rush and receive for 1,000 yds* in same season, but afraid his career overall was too brief.

Nope see Faulk did it in 1999 with Rams.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on January 08, 2010, 11:57:42 PM
I'd hope Craig is a lock, I mean he's still to my knowledge the only player to rush and receive for 1,000 yds* in same season, but afraid his career overall was too brief.

Nope see Faulk did it in 1999 with Rams.
Yeah, Faulk did it.  They were talking about it nonstop for a while on the NFL Network when it looked like Rice might have a shot at it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on January 08, 2010, 11:31:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2010, 10:58:54 PM

I am not sure about Craig, I think Brown is more sure thing .

Tim Brown had longevity, but Craig has was the first with the +1,000/1,000 record, and has a couple Super Bowl rings.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2010, 10:09:30 PM

Art Modell, the former majority owner of the Ravens, didn't make the cut as the Hall of Fame committee announced its 17 finalists. Shannon Sharpe, who played tight end for the Ravens in 2000 and 2001, was named a finalist for the second straight season.

:nelson:

What has he done, other than being a dick?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 09, 2010, 11:26:44 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2010, 10:09:30 PM

:nelson:

What has he done, other than being a dick?

Gee, he only revolutionized the TV package and revenue sharing model for the league, establishing it as the premier professional sports league in the world today.

But, you can go fuck yourself, and suck Mike Brown's cheesy dick while you watch the Jets end another Bengals pipe dream season today.