News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on April 21, 2010, 05:01:27 PM
Indeed.  You can rely on Katmai to sell you all of Finland for half a mule.

lol so during our last session of the previous game, I got a core on a Portugese province bordering mine on one of the bigger islands of the Far East. So I asked katmai, how much he wants for it?

He said 250 gold... I was:  ":huh: uhm, okay, I will give you 500"

Habbaku

Wait until you hear from Solmyr about the Great Mortgage of India.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Updated list :

Habbaku - Brandenburg
Kleves - Ottoman Empire
Solmyr - Castile
DGuller - Venice
Alci - France
Tamas - Austria
Katmai - Sweden
sbr - England
Tamas' friend - Khorasan
Solmyr's Friend - Muscovy
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Well to be fair it was tamas as I figured his OE could only afford about 250 ducats.

As for Sweden in this game finland falls under the scope of the greater scandanvian co prosperity sphere.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on April 21, 2010, 07:57:42 PM
As for Sweden in this game finland falls under the scope of the greater scandanvian co prosperity sphere.

I can only hope you actually stick to this.  Don't sell people your territory and fight for your own interests instead of others', please.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Well to be fair it was tamas as I figured his OE could only afford about 250 ducats.

Even the sultan's breakfast costed 250 ducats a day :rolleyes:

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on April 21, 2010, 08:13:00 PM

I can only hope you actually stick to this.  Don't sell people your territory and fight for your own interests instead of others', please.
I don't make any promises!!

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2010, 03:07:20 AM

So he was such a gluttonus slug is why OE was behind Portugal?

Tamas

Regarding Habbaku of Brandenburg handing out advices to Sweden and Muscowy: he will only have the Baltic coast as initial conquest target because not only he could not tackle Teh Holy Emperor, the infamy cost of german provinces would finish him off. :contract:

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on April 22, 2010, 03:17:14 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2010, 03:07:20 AM

So he was such a gluttonus slug is why OE was behind Portugal?

I was not behind Portugal. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

katmai

Solmyr

Baltic is a Spanish colony you fuckers.

And Tamas as Austria is going down so hard. :bleeding:

Solmyr

Quote from: Sacris on April 21, 2010, 06:17:47 PM
Well, I'm not russian, quite the opposite, estonian actually :D (good thing I'm not a nationalist, eh? ^^ )

It all belongs to Mother Russia.

And stop calling yourself a noob, you can kick Katmai's ass easily. :P

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on April 22, 2010, 03:49:21 AM
Baltic is a Spanish colony you fuckers.

And Tamas as Austria is going down so hard. :bleeding:

I don't get this attitude. Habbaku has only powergamered away from everyone else in 3 Languish games so far. :P

Kleves

Tamas, I wish for there to be peace between us. I am willing to let you keep Vienna, and perhaps another province, should you pledge eternal vassalage to the Sublime Porte.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.