News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Berkut on March 07, 2010, 11:11:13 PM
I ahve this nasty suspicion I am going to be running into you bastards when I get much further east.

Like I said, the Eastern Question (though I suspect I might run into Ottomans first).
Of course, Britain is always open to negotiations with the eastern barb... our dear colleagues.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on March 08, 2010, 06:19:01 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 07, 2010, 11:11:13 PM
I ahve this nasty suspicion I am going to be running into you bastards when I get much further east.

Like I said, the Eastern Question (though I suspect I might run into Ottomans first).
Of course, Britain is always open to negotiations with the eastern barb... our dear colleagues.

The Ottoman Empire has no claims on India, and in general theory has no objection to see it being distributed among the western powers, but the present British territories should really be the western edge of their territories in Asia, because the rest shall be divided between Russia and the Empire.

Berkut

How do I go about getting an East Asian port? Some ND requires it, but I have no idea how that would ever work.

Should Russia be involved in all this colonial crap via sea? I have done nothing to explore at all. I don't think I could find North America if I had to...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on March 08, 2010, 09:16:00 AM
How do I go about getting an East Asian port? Some ND requires it, but I have no idea how that would ever work.

Should Russia be involved in all this colonial crap via sea? I have done nothing to explore at all. I don't think I could find North America if I had to...

Check the regional map view, you'll see.

Berkut

One thing I learned during this session:

You cannot fight a war with an army you have not built yet.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

North America is pretty much divided up already. You'll probably want to take over Siberia first before looking at other colonies.

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on March 08, 2010, 10:12:43 AM

North America is pretty much divided up already. You'll probably want to take over Siberia first before looking at other colonies.

Lucky for me, Al-konyuhu fuckers have taken over Siberia for me, so I don't have to worry about that anymore!

0 rows returned

Berkut

Is there any reason to consider moving my capital around?

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on March 08, 2010, 10:59:48 AM

Unless you want to make it safer (IE, Constantinople to Ankara), then no, not for you.  Colonial powers can benefit from a capital shift, especially in the case of Portugal, because their home provinces aren't really all that valuable and, after Brazil is substantially built up, the manpower and taxes from the colonies are worth getting by moving the capital there.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Move the Capital to Mazovia, release lots of russian minors, get polish culture, perform the culture shift decision, perform the create poland decision.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Habbaku on March 08, 2010, 12:22:23 PM

Unless you want to make it safer (IE, Constantinople to Ankara), then no, not for you.  Colonial powers can benefit from a capital shift, especially in the case of Portugal, because their home provinces aren't really all that valuable and, after Brazil is substantially built up, the manpower and taxes from the colonies are worth getting by moving the capital there.

I wonder about me.....  :shutup:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

ulmont

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 08, 2010, 02:30:50 PM
I wonder about me.....  :shutup:

Probably not worth it for you.  The New World sucks as far as manpower and taxes go, province by province.  Only the fact that Portugal is so small and shitty makes it worthwhile for them.

Habbaku

Not worth it at all for Spain, I'd say.  Their manpower and tax income primarily derives from their home provinces, after all.

Though I heartily encourage that Spain shift their capital to Mexico.  ;)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Still need save. And again thanks uli for subbing.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son