And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2010, 09:15:52 AM
I see.

Habbaku is like Tywin Lannister- completely ruthless, no qualms about breaking any agreement, and an expert at playing others off against each other.

Tamas is like Mad King Aerys.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on March 03, 2010, 07:41:35 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 03, 2010, 02:45:57 AM
Anyone after a good laugh and who has some spare time on their hands should go read this thread of an EU 3 MP game (which Slargos also happens to be in) : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453541

And I thought some of the people here were whiny.

They sure have a lot of rules.

That's really not a lot.

Solmyr

It is compared to our game, where the only rule is "Tamas sucks at hosting".

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on March 03, 2010, 12:00:49 PM
It is compared to our game, where the only rule is "Tamas sucks".

FYP

0 rows returned

sbr

I know the 150 ships per fleet thing has to do with the performance/stability of the game.  More than that apparently cause CTDs or other bad things.

Berkut

I have been scrupulously holding myself to that limit voluntarily.

0 rows returned

Berkut

We need more chat in this thread about the game.

Let's discuss the Westerners ganging up on France and cutting them down to size. I think that would be a great idea.

0 rows returned

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on March 03, 2010, 12:54:31 PM

In a small close-knit game like this that works, if everyone knows about it.  That game looks like there have been 30+ players cycling in and out for a session or two, what a disaster.

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on March 03, 2010, 12:54:31 PM

I'm sure your support limit of 5 ships has nothing to do with that.

Berkut

Listening to slargos lecture people about how they should interact with other players is really very amusing after his whineragequit in the Languish game because people (gasp!) attacked him.

The AAR is quite fun to read.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Tamas is violating the 9th rule.   :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on March 03, 2010, 12:55:24 PM
We need more chat in this thread about the game.

Let's discuss the Westerners ganging up on France and cutting them down to size. I think that would be a great idea.

If anyone thinks that France is really in a position to dominate the continent, they need only take a look at the sheer size and capacity that the Emperor's army possesses.  France is rich and technologically advanced, but would lose a war against any two of its neighbors.  The real worry should be that the Austrians wake up and decide that they don't want the Turks in the Balkans after all--something that France will be powerless to prohibit with Spain and Britain virtually guaranteeing that France would be incapable of intervention.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Britain is not guaranteeing anything at all on the continent concerning France, it is simply not involved there. Indeed, overtly aggressive expansion by Austria outside Germany would likely affect British policy.

Solmyr

One more question, is it better for Britain to go mercantilist or free trade? I see some fairly nice events/modifiers for mercantilism, so I'm wondering.

Tamas