News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Hard to tell from map where all is France in east Asia, besides off of India <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

If you'd log on Steam, I'd send you the file so you could look.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

France currently has all of southern Java, the northern Philippines, Ceylon, a couple of provinces near Bangladesh and Okinawa in the far east.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on March 08, 2010, 10:53:02 PM
If you'd log on Steam, I'd send you the file so you could look.

tomorrow then as feeling sick so all my posting is off my iPhone atm.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

the iPhone cures illness? :o

Beeb, I should apologize to you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Does anyone recall what the name of the song was that played at the EU2 startup screen?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Vricklund

Quote from: Jaron on March 09, 2010, 12:11:01 AM
Does anyone recall what the name of the song was that played at the EU2 startup screen?
M. George Whitehead his Almand

Jaron

Thanks. Had that stuck in my head for a couple of days.  :yucky:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

OK. Russia is going to try to engage in some generic, little power diplomacy.

In the most general terms, this game right now breaks down into two monster powers, and a bunch of not monster powers.

You can argue about which monster power is more powerful, but that isn't the point. They point is that either monster can crush any combination of the non-monsters they want, as long as the other monster does not intervene.

Now, this is bad for everyone in the game *except* the monster doing the crushing.

What is more, IMO, it is WORSE for every player in the game than it is even for the monster that is not involved. This is debatable though.

The point is this: Nobody should be allying themselves with either monster power unless it is to protect themselves from the other one. Allying yourself with a monster so you can make sure the other monster stays on the sideline while some other little power gets creamed just doesn't make any sense, IMO.

And England - come on. Step up and get in the game. Your supposed to be some kind of equalizer, right? Throw that navy around a bit or something!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

I've already stated that any overt aggression by either monster power would serve to push England into the other one's camp.

Other than that, I'm too busy making sure France, Portugal, and Spain don't colonize the entire world before I can. :P

Habbaku

What if we're both overtly aggressive?  Will England : implode?  :shifty:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

England will toss the dice and join one of you then... but which one?  :shifty:

Tamas

Needless to say, the massive navy buildup of Austria has the Ottomans very concerned. Clearly so much warships be a big strain on the Austrian economy so they must be making ready to strike someone.

Habbaku

Not just their navy, of course, but their army as well.  Austria's finances are rather tied down by their immense military--something that is further evidenced by their lack of real growth.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on March 10, 2010, 02:22:54 PM
Needless to say, the massive navy buildup of Austria has the Ottomans very concerned. Clearly so much warships be a big strain on the Austrian economy so they must be making ready to strike someone.

Probably me.

He needs those ships to destroy my navy and take St. Petersburg.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned