News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I predict a scramble for Africa next session.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on March 02, 2010, 09:40:46 PM
I predict a scramble for Africa next session.

Even without the tropical penalty, it's not worth it.

Kleves

So are we going to try and play this coming weekend?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

ulmont

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 02, 2010, 05:53:18 PM
I had to buy a game, any game, to be able to chat with any one.  Ended up buying stalker for $4, still annoying though.

Yeah, me too.  I'll probably grab XCOM on Saturday or something else from the $5 bin.

katmai

Quote from: Kleves on March 02, 2010, 10:40:50 PM
yes you senile Austrian windbag.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: Kleves on March 02, 2010, 10:40:50 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if you even read this thread.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Anyone after a good laugh and who has some spare time on their hands should go read this thread of an EU 3 MP game (which Slargos also happens to be in) : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453541

And I thought some of the people here were whiny.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

For Steam couldn't you guys add a non-steam game?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on March 03, 2010, 02:45:57 AM
Anyone after a good laugh and who has some spare time on their hands should go read this thread of an EU 3 MP game (which Slargos also happens to be in) : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453541

They sure have a lot of rules.

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on March 03, 2010, 07:41:35 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 03, 2010, 02:45:57 AM

They sure have a lot of rules.

I am jealous - why can't we have lots of house rules too?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Berkut

Of course I would. Who do you think I am - Tamas?

Or even worse - Habbaku?

I am the Ned Stark of multiplayer gaming - honorable and honest to a fault.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Who's Ned Stark? Well I know he's a GRR Martin char but other then that?

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2010, 09:01:30 AM
Who's Ned Stark? Well I know he's a GRR Martin char but other then that?

Lord of Winterfell, Hand of the King.

Was much too "honorable" for his own good, passed on a chance to take down the Queen (who really needed to be taken down) because it would be dis-honorable, ended up getting his head removed from his shoulders after the Queen had the King killed, and her son turned out to  get his jollies killing traitors.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox