News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

Not even the frogs are foolish enough to ally with the Emperor while he unites the HRE. No, their interests are too disparate. As the Scots used to say, before I had them all killed, "There can only be one, and where's my haggis?"
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Though it pains us, Spain will have to decline the offer of alliance with the English for the time being.  Though we've no ill-will towards the English crown, nor do we wish to align ourselves in such a way as to potentially alienate the Emperor (who has shown nothing but good faith) and the French themselves.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

One should clearly note that the English colonization efforts have started and it will not be long before they reach the indian states at which point, easily getting CBs, they will dramatically increase their realm, surpassing everything the landlocked European powers can dream of.
Thus it is clear that English crown would like nothing better than to see trouble raising its head on the mainland.

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 18, 2010, 01:16:02 PM
I'd also like to note the Turks large army and good economy for the next time he cries his crocodile tears.

:lol:

I can barely manage one front in a three front war against Austria.

As for my income, given the fact that I am orthodox teched, and that my trade efficiency is that of a one breasted whore, your fables about ottoman monetary power are at best exaggerated.

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on January 22, 2010, 02:32:20 AM
One should clearly note that the English colonization efforts have started and it will not be long before they reach the indian states at which point, easily getting CBs, they will dramatically increase their realm, surpassing everything the landlocked European powers can dream of.
Thus it is clear that English crown would like nothing better than to see trouble raising its head on the mainland.

Worthy of note: any western power that chooses to expand in India may find that it is quite expensive to compete with the sublime porte on the matter.

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on January 22, 2010, 03:42:13 AM

Worthy of note: any western power that chooses to expand in India may find that it is quite expensive to compete with the sublime porte on the matter.

:yeahright:

So which one is it?

As for my income, given the fact that I am orthodox teched, and that my trade efficiency is that of a one breasted whore, your fables about ottoman monetary power are at best exaggerated.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on January 18, 2010, 01:17:32 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 18, 2010, 01:16:02 PM
I'd also like to note the Turks large army and good economy for the next time he cries his crocodile tears.

Good economy, aye, but not so much a large army.  Slargos really needs to expand along into the Levant to get the manpower he needs to contend with Austria.  As it stands right now, if the Turks go one-on-one with the Emperor, they will get their shit packed in quite nicely.

Given the leadership gap, I think you exaggerate a bit, but a war against Austria one on one would indeed be a difficult prospect.  :(

Of course, the cordial relations between the empires of the Germans and the Turks preclude any such nonsense.

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 22, 2010, 03:48:41 AM

:yeahright:

So which one is it?

I don't see Austria being able to go to India any time soon. 17th century at the EARLIEST. :contract:

As for the rest of you fuckers, payment will be in blood, not coin so my lack of financial strength will not apply.  <_<

katmai

Milan needs to spread it's wings in the Italian demand of coffee!*

Even if coffee wasn't brought to Italy till 16th century!

Vricklund

I enjoy this thread. You guys need to play twice a week. :)

katmai

Quote from: Vricklund on January 22, 2010, 09:32:59 AM
I enjoy this thread. You guys need to play twice a week. :)

Sadly the divergent schedules of everybody means it's impossible for us to play more than once a week.

Solmyr

Austria shall continue to maintain its policy of honorable and dignified benevolence. By this we mean that Austria does not seek domination at the expense of others' interests, in India or anywhere else, but the Emperor shall not trade in his dignity by caving in on his completely lawful and sacred role as the leader of all Germany. It should be obvious that anyone who has no plans to expand in Germany has nothing to fear from Austria.

katmai

Quote from: Solmyr on January 22, 2010, 10:10:49 AM
Austria shall continue to maintain its policy of honorable and dignified benevolence. By this we mean that Austria does not seek domination at the expense of others' interests, in India or anywhere else, but the Emperor shall not trade in his dignity by caving in on his completely lawful and sacred role as the leader of all Germany. It should be obvious that anyone who has no plans to expand in Germany has nothing to fear from Austria.

Milan is happy to announce we have no intentions on Germanic lands, and we have only intentions of bringing other Lombardic cultured provinces under our sphere.

katmai

Alcibiades

So this week is habs able to go an hour later?  And yeah, are we starting a half hour early again... or attempting to while Tamas yells at us to wait for Katmai who is never going to show up and showers us with insults?   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain