News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

I will be on time. You guys might be early.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

So we're starting without you at 10:30 EST, then?  Got it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Time to grab some provinces from England and Milan, then.  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Pfft like you could even if you wanted to.
:rolleyes:

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Kleves

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 23, 2010, 04:33:00 PM
The AI is off the chain!
:yes: AI England would soon annex France. I had better show up; it would be too hard on Tamas if I didn't.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Tamas

katmai

Very troubling all those damn prottys running around the HRE!

Solmyr

The Emperor will be ensuring religious unity, of course if nobody makes his job harder by interfering.

katmai

Quote from: Solmyr on January 24, 2010, 02:58:42 PM
The Emperor will be ensuring religious unity, of course if nobody makes his job harder by interfering.

But of what religion? the World wonders!?!

Habbaku

Statistical screenshots and analysis will follow later tonight.

The big winners of the session were Castille and Milan, who both more than doubled their previous income.  The big losers were France and England, who have remained practically stagnant relative to the other powers.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

quick question for all, i noticed everyone but myself and Tamas are Empires. Wondering what is reasonable way i should be heading with my feudal monarchy?

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on January 24, 2010, 06:37:04 PM
quick question for all, i noticed everyone but myself and Tamas are Empires. Wondering what is reasonable way i should be heading with my feudal monarchy?

Well, the Empire government type is eminently more useful than Feudal Monarchy, in my mind, because it quadruples the number of magistrates that you get a year.  If you'll look at the mainland Spanish provinces, you'll see the plethora of bonuses and modifications that they've allowed me to make--all thanks to a relatively early declaration of Empire.

As Milan, I would adopt the Imperial government ASAP unless you're drawing close to a high enough Government tech to get an Administrative Monarchy, which gives just as many magistrates, but also gives you +10% Production Efficiency, which will do wonders for your income as most of it is currently based off taxes/production rather than trade.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Note that you need Government 18 to get Administrative Monarchy--and Milan's already at 16, due to its umpteen Universities.

You're best off just waiting for it.

-J. R. R. Tolkien