Danish Mohammad cartoonist attacked in his home by Mulsim extremist

Started by Syt, January 02, 2010, 03:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

Quote from: Liep on January 06, 2010, 03:34:03 PM
Quote from: Pat on January 05, 2010, 11:43:34 AM
Marty: wtf :mellow:

I don't think he accounted for the cost of the Muhammed crisis or, for that matter, the extra cost of 3 million euros we "need" to spent on bodyguards for Westergaard now.

:bleeding:
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Jaron

Tough call but this man should be carrying a firearm on his person at all times. That would have ended the situation much quicker.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on January 07, 2010, 02:34:53 AM
Tough call but this man should be carrying a firearm on his person at all times. That would have ended the situation much quicker.

This is Europe, mkay? We don't defend ourselves. We just get mugged and die.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Martinus

What? I had a philosophy professor at the uni who believed the "children first" principle is both rationally and ethically misguided. I happen to agree with her or at least would like people to challenge their reasoning on this, which is clearly based in a biological instinct and nothing else.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2010, 06:46:22 AM

What? I had a philosophy professor at the uni who believed the "children first" principle is both rationally and ethically misguided. I happen to agree with her or at least would like people to challenge their reasoning on this, which is clearly based in a biological instinct and nothing else.

It is more like about general, very low level unselfishness, you know.

Neil

If it was a 5-year old boy you'd be all like 'PICS PLZ', you filthy homo.

Besides, a 75-year old is past their working peak, and thus is of very little value.  A 5-year old has many productive years ahead.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

If the 75 y.o. guy thinks his two options are

A) Get himself and the Kid killed by running towards the kid.
B) Save himself and probably the kid as well by running towards the safe room.

Then he made the right choice.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ancient Demon

Of what use is a typical 75 year old?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Ancient Demon on January 07, 2010, 10:47:46 PM

soylent green?

Viking

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 08, 2010, 01:11:28 AM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on January 07, 2010, 10:47:46 PM

soylent green?

12 y.o. Soylent Green V.S.Y.P.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Larch

I had a philosophy professor at the uni who believed the "children first" principle is both rationally and ethically misguided.

I had an ecology professor who told us that the only role of elders in animal communities is to get eaten by the predators instead of the young ones.  :P

QuoteI happen to agree with her or at least would like people to challenge their reasoning on this, which is clearly based in a biological instinct and nothing else.

And what's wrong with it being based in a biological instinct?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch