News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who would win? Thatcher vs. Meir - Catfight!

Started by Syt, January 07, 2010, 02:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win in a no holds brawl?

Margaret Thatcher
6 (27.3%)
Golda Meir
9 (40.9%)
Double KO
2 (9.1%)
They'd kill Jaron, then rule the galaxy together.
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Maximus

We have: writing. Among other things it allows you to gain knowledge about stuff you haven't personally experienced.

Josquius

Quote from: Maximus on January 07, 2010, 02:51:20 PM
We have: writing. Among other things it allows you to gain knowledge about stuff you haven't personally experienced.
And of course learning the names of every PM of every country is right at the top of my list of things to learn...
Israeli political history really isn't something that interests me, I read about other things.
And people who post opinions on subjects they've just had to google need shooting.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on January 07, 2010, 02:51:20 PM

It's Jos. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on January 07, 2010, 01:40:02 PM
Quote from: Josephus on January 07, 2010, 01:12:50 PM
I don't even what to picture it.

That said, i think Maggie was tougher.

Golda worked on a farm for several years when she was young, doing physical labour. I don't think Maggie did.

Both of them were such fiercely political animals though - Maggie was in politics almost her entire adult life, while Golda was in the Zionist movement, then in politics, almost her entire adult life.

Nothing that would really differentiate between them when at their physical peak.

Of course both of them as PM were tough as nails.  Maggie stood down the trade unions and defeated the Argentine military.  Golda ordered the deaths of palestinian terrorists after Munich, and defeated the Arab armies after the Yom Kippur War.

I'll call it a double KO.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

I'd take the original "Iron Lady" over the second one, but not by a lot.  A coupla tough birds.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

I think I'd have a better (but still woeful) chance of winning a fight with Maggie than with Golda.  So I think Golda wins.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Meir if they wrestle in jello. Thatcher in the mud.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Maggie's got the wingspan, and could work the jabs all day, but Golda would get in on the body.

Golda in a split decision.

Josephus

In a split decision it would depend on who the judges are. No way any Arab judges will vote for Meir. An Argie, or even a Brit from the north,  wouldn't vote for Thatcher.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point