Danish Mohammad cartoonist attacked in his home by Mulsim extremist

Started by Syt, January 02, 2010, 03:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: frunk on January 04, 2010, 11:28:23 AMThe Danish guy knows the attacker is coming specifically for him, not just trying to kill as many people as possible. 

I'm assuming that it was physically impossible for him to get to her as the attacker was already chasing him, or that by trying he'd lead him to her and they'd both die.  If he just thought, gee whiz this crazed axe murderer won't hurt my family or start cutting their limbs off,  I'll just go hide, he's a cunt.

frunk

See also that the police were nearby.  If they weren't then I agree that taking the extra risk to try and save the child would have been worth it.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on January 03, 2010, 05:35:16 AM
Well, he was arrested by the Kenyan police. I trust Kenyan police less than I would trust Swedish police. They could have got a completely wrong guy.

That's just because you are a racist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 04, 2010, 11:58:22 AM
I'm assuming that it was physically impossible for him to get to her as the attacker was already chasing him, or that by trying he'd lead him to her and they'd both die.  If he just thought, gee whiz this crazed axe murderer won't hurt my family or start cutting their limbs off,  I'll just go hide, he's a cunt.

Apparently he was in a corridor at the time of the window breaking and had to chose between the living room where the kid sat with a broken leg or straight to the panic room. Kid saw it all apparently. I'd think twice about letting him babysit again. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Razgovory

I mean honestly, he should grown balls like a member of languish and kill his attacker with his own axe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Quote from: frunk on January 04, 2010, 10:07:44 AM
He's 75 years old, what do you want from the guy?

GUTS.

And I can sum it all up in just one word: courage, dedication, daring, pride, pluck, spirit, grit, mettle, and G-U-T-S, *guts*. Why, Ted Striker's got more guts in his little finger than most of us have in our large intestine, including the colon!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

How is a 75 y.o. sacrificing himself to save a 5 y.o. the right thing to do? The 75 y.o. has a much higher intrinsic value, both from his past contributions to the society, as well as the investments made by the society into him, whereas most of that value in a 5 y.o. is still potential. Not to mention the social costs of replacing a 5 y.o. are much lower than the costs of replacing a 75 y.o. Plus at least we know he is unlikely to turn into a serial killer or a new Hitler, but we cannot say the same about the 5 y.o.

That's like cutting a 75 y.o. oak to make room for a 5 y.o. sapling.

Martinus

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on January 05, 2010, 02:42:17 AM
How is a 75 y.o. sacrificing himself to save a 5 y.o. the right thing to do? The 75 y.o. has a much higher intrinsic value, both from his past contributions to the society, as well as the investments made by the society into him, whereas most of that value in a 5 y.o. is still potential. Not to mention the social costs of replacing a 5 y.o. are much lower than the costs of replacing a 75 y.o. Plus at least we know he is unlikely to turn into a serial killer or a new Hitler, but we cannot say the same about the 5 y.o.

That's like cutting a 75 y.o. oak to make room for a 5 y.o. sapling.
What a post to come back on! :lol:

Unless I missed an earlier return? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

I thought all 75 years old men carried mini-Uzis or baby Eagles.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Liep

Quote from: Pat on January 05, 2010, 11:43:34 AM
Marty: wtf :mellow:

I don't think he accounted for the cost of the Muhammed crisis or, for that matter, the extra cost of 3 million euros we "need" to spent on bodyguards for Westergaard now.

DGuller

You can always get more grandchildren.  However, once you yourself are dead, you're dead.