Danish Mohammad cartoonist attacked in his home by Mulsim extremist

Started by Syt, January 02, 2010, 03:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on January 03, 2010, 05:22:04 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 03, 2010, 03:15:02 AM
Looks like this wasn't his first failed attempt.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34671593/ns/world_news-europe/

QuoteCOPENHAGEN - A Somali man charged in connection with an attack on a Danish cartoonist was arrested last year over an alleged terror plot targeting Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, according to reports.

Quoting the Danish newspaper Politiken, Britain's Sky News reported that the 28-year-old was among four other suspects who were held over a foiled attack on a bus station and two hotels in Nairobi, Kenya.

The alleged plot coincided with Clinton's visit to the country during an 11-day tour of Africa, Sky News said. The suspect was reportedly released from custody the following month due to a lack of evidence and returned to Denmark.

What part of "lack of evidence" you didn't understand?

Elaborate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Well, Tim's caption does not follow from the article he posted. An assumption that someone is guilty of something based on the fact that he or she was arrested for it but then released before even the case had gone to a trial for lack of evidence is a dangerous one, and one we should oppose in a free Western society.

Viking

There are actually four categories

The people we know didn't do it; The people we have no reason to think did it; The people who probably did it but we can't prove anything and The people who did it and we can prove it.

People in the third category get (often quite justifiably) treated with a lack of respect for their rights by scandinavian police. Arfan Bhatti, who served time for a drive by shooting at the synagogue in Oslo, was, not unexpectedly, in police custody on an unrelated issue during the entirety of Obama's visit to Oslo for the Nobel Prize. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Well, he was arrested by the Kenyan police. I trust Kenyan police less than I would trust Swedish police. They could have got a completely wrong guy.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on January 03, 2010, 05:25:02 AM
Well, Tim's caption does not follow from the article he posted. An assumption that someone is guilty of something based on the fact that he or she was arrested for it but then released before even the case had gone to a trial for lack of evidence is a dangerous one, and one we should oppose in a free Western society.

The assumption isn't that he's guilty, it's that he did it. Surely even a Polish lawyer can understand the difference?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

QuoteAn axe-wielding Somali extremist broke into the home of Kurt Westergaard on Friday night as the 75-year-old cartoonist was looking after Stephanie, his five-year-old granddaughter.

Westergaard, whose little ink drawing of Muhammad with a bomb in his turban sparked riots throughout the Middle East in 2006, has received numerous death threats. He pressed an alarm button to summon police when the attacker entered the house in Aarhus, Denmark's second city, by breaking a window.

He did not have time to collect the child from the living room before locking himself into a "panic room", a specially fortified bathroom. He said the assailant had shouted "swear words, really crude words" and shrieked about "blood" and "revenge", as he smashed the axe in vain against the bathroom door.

What a mook.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

frunk

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

DisturbedPervert

He obviously should have led the attacker to his granddaughter so that they both could have died.

Grallon

More evidences that muslims are gentle human beings I see.  ^_^

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on January 04, 2010, 10:18:39 AM
Quote from: Viking on January 04, 2010, 10:16:49 AM

Librescu is dead, Westergaard is still alive Q.E.D.
What's your point?

In this culture relativistic world the one thing I'm pretty sure everybody agrees on is

Alive >> Dead

at least all living people.

frunk

I think that's a different type of situation.  The Danish guy knows the attacker is coming specifically for him, not just trying to kill as many people as possible.  Also help is relatively near at hand, with police that should be responding quickly.

Maximus

Quote from: Viking on January 04, 2010, 11:18:43 AM
In this culture relativistic world the one thing I'm pretty sure everybody agrees on is

Alive >> Dead

at least all living people.
I'd rather die like Librescu that live like Westergaard.

Not that what Westergaard did was so heinous, but everyone dies sometime, might as well get something out of it.