News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

White Hair

Started by DisturbedPervert, December 22, 2009, 02:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

What is the normal age to start getting white hairs?  I'm 29 and I think I'm still too young to be getting this.  It's not like I have one or two, there are a couple dozen whenever I go through my hair.  It's not visible at all unless you are specifically looking for them, but there are a lot, and I wasn't expecting this for another 10 years.  Do I have Head Cancer or something?

What age did you people begin to get white hair?

Barrister

I'm 34 and it's getting noticable on the sides of my head.  I noticed the first ones a few years ago (can't remember exactly when).  So yes, 29 sounds about right.

I've always said though my hair can go any colour of the rainbow if it wants - as long as I still have it.  So far so good - harline up front has receeded a very small amount (a scar that used to be covered is now visible).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 22, 2009, 02:11:05 PM
What is the normal age to start getting white hairs?  I'm 29 and I think I'm still too young to be getting this.  It's not like I have one or two, there are a couple dozen whenever I go through my hair.  It's not visible at all unless you are specifically looking for them, but there are a lot, and I wasn't expecting this for another 10 years.  Do I have Head Cancer or something?

What age did you people begin to get white hair?
No head cancer.
I've had the same about that age.

Normal?  Maybe not normal in the sense that everyone gets white/grey hair at that age, but it happens.
My father has had grey&white hair since about that age.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

I dunno how I'd ever be able to tell, I've always uncovered random blonde bits.
Baldness is the fear, odd coloured hair is meh.
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

No worries. Just a seasonal response, the wish for a White Christmas.   

Josephus

It varies, I guess. I started to get grey hairs probably even younger than you. Now, at 43, I have to say "grey" on my passport applications :D

But hey, many men my age are involuntarily bald.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Barrister on December 22, 2009, 02:13:53 PM
I'm 34 and it's getting noticable on the sides of my head. 

Mine is everywhere, and seemingly totally random.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: viper37 on December 22, 2009, 02:14:43 PM
No head cancer.
I've had the same about that age.

Normal?  Maybe not normal in the sense that everyone gets white/grey hair at that age, but it happens.
My father has had grey&white hair since about that age.

Thanks.  I guess it's just something I'll have to accept.

I don't appear to be going bald though, and no one in my family is, so at least I can use dye   :D

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Josephus on December 22, 2009, 02:28:01 PM
It varies, I guess. I started to get grey hairs probably even younger than you. Now, at 43, I have to say "grey" on my passport applications :D

Mine are pure white, not grey.  Is this normal?

Barrister

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 22, 2009, 02:46:02 PM
Quote from: Josephus on December 22, 2009, 02:28:01 PM

Mine are pure white, not grey.  Is this normal?

That's how it works.  The individual hairs are white, but the mixture of white and non-white hairs (brown, black - whatever colour your hair is) makes it look grey.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 22, 2009, 02:11:05 PM
What is the normal age to start getting white hairs?  I'm 29 and I think I'm still too young to be getting this.

Nah.  I've known some people with full grey hair at 25...personally, I didn't notice my first grey hair until my late 20s, but that's just because up until that point they all fell out before turning grey...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

Started for me about puberty.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

I'm 33 and while I have no white hair on my head yet (and I have no balding going on either), I do get the occasional white hair in my moustache and goatee.  They started showing up about 2-3 years ago.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

syk

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2009, 02:57:47 PM
I'm 33 and while I have no white hair on my head yet (and I have no balding going on either), I do get the occasional white hair in my moustache and goatee.  They started showing up about 2-3 years ago.
Same. First appeared about a year ago. Now I have 3 or 4 white hairs. I'm 35 for another 3 weeks.