Christmas loot. Post yours.

Started by Darth Wagtaros, December 21, 2009, 07:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

The Internet.

Yeah, I'm gonna beat that horse down.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Faeelin

(This is especially cute if you know that Yankee Candle is the traditional artsy candle store).

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

There was plenty of licquor left after the christmas party two weeks ago. I snatched an unopened bottle of Ukrainian vodka flavored with honey and chili peppers today. :mmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

BuddhaRhubarb

My mom sent me a bookstore gift card and I got 4 books. including John Scalzi's "Old Man's War" which I highly recommend. otherwise nada except a few cards and a small xmas bonus on today's paycheque later.
:p

Admiral Yi

I hope you blasphemers who opened your presents early burn in a lake of fire for all eternity.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2009, 01:41:51 PM
I hope you blasphemers who opened your presents early burn in a lake of fire for all eternity.
Agreed - unless it's culturally the norm like weird places where you open presents on Christmas Eve.
Let's bomb Russia!

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2009, 01:41:51 PM
I had to buy my presents so not much of surprise or reason to wrap them.
:p

Ed Anger

I'll open my goddamn presents whenever I feel like it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

We intended to go light on the presents for the kids this year but somehow that didnt turn out so well...

At first we were only going to get the older boy a Nike running chip.  But you need either a special kind of watch or an Ipod product for it to work properly.  We were going to get a Nano but we decided that since the Touches are not that much more expensive we would get that along with the Chip.

While in the store getting the Touch I saw they had a large Monty Python display and since my oldest boy has recently become a big fan I went over and took a look.  I ended up buying the complete TV series and all the movies....

Then I thought I wondered if I should also get a second Touch for our younger boy.  I called my wife and she confirmed that it would probably be a good idea.  While on the phone with her she was in another store getting the boys a combination air hockey - pool table (reversable) with a ping pong table removable cover.

I also picked up a copy of Madden 10 for the younger boy so he can play it online with his friends.

I am a bit of a sucker when it comes to giving presents to the kids. :blush:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on December 23, 2009, 01:46:10 PM
I had to buy my presents so not much of surprise or reason to wrap them.
The gift card was the present, blasphemer.

Fate

Quote from: merithyn on December 21, 2009, 07:58:05 PM
Was a good year in the Meri/Max household. :D

• 31.5" flat screen TV from Max
  • Massage chair pad from my boss/friend
  • Several pairs of beautiful earrings from several different friends
  • 60 gb iPod Video from my mom (with a bit of added cash from me)

This is why middle class people can't "afford" health insurance.

Barrister

Quote from: Fate on December 23, 2009, 01:49:50 PM

You're a real douchebag Fate.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

I got a bottle of Hoosier wine, one of the finest wines of northern Indiana, from one of our landlords.   :cool:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on December 23, 2009, 01:54:04 PM
Quote from: Fate on December 23, 2009, 01:49:50 PM

You're a real douchebag Fate.

That he might be, but he is right. Here in Europe we pay for public health care option, but getting all this stuff would be a serious financial strain for me, and my income is about 15-20 times that of average remuneration in Poland.