And we're back!

Main Menu

Christmas loot. Post yours.

Started by Darth Wagtaros, December 21, 2009, 07:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on December 23, 2009, 01:54:04 PM

You're a real douchebag Fate.

And you bit on the shitburger he left in the middle of the thread. Congrats.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on December 23, 2009, 02:04:49 PM
That he might be, but he is right. Here in Europe we pay for public health care option, but getting all this stuff would be a serious financial strain for me, and my income is about 15-20 times that of average remuneration in Poland.

So Cal makes about 15-20 times more then you.  I dont see your point.

Barrister

Quote from: Fate on December 23, 2009, 01:49:50 PM
Quote from: merithyn on December 21, 2009, 07:58:05 PM
Was a good year in the Meri/Max household. :D

• 31.5" flat screen TV from Max
  • Massage chair pad from my boss/friend
  • Several pairs of beautiful earrings from several different friends
  • 60 gb iPod Video from my mom (with a bit of added cash from me)

This is why middle class people can't "afford" health insurance.

That he might be, but he is right. Here in Europe we pay for public health care option, but getting all this stuff would be a serious financial strain for me, and my income is about 15-20 times that of average remuneration in Poland.

Earrings and a massage chair pad are cheap.  iPod might be $100 or a bit more.  The only expensive thing on there is the flatscreen, and even then it's only a few hundred bucks.

We're spending way more than that, and our income is maybe double the Canadian average.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on December 23, 2009, 02:09:11 PM

Earrings and a massage chair pad are cheap.  iPod might be $100 or a bit more.  The only expensive thing on there is the flatscreen, and even then it's only a few hundred bucks.

We're spending way more than that, and our income is maybe double the Canadian average.

Our stuff here is significantly more expensive. A flat screen would be at least $1000 or more (due to VAT and shit). My point was that we pay for health care via other means Yanks don't have.

crazy canuck

You are forgetting that Marti only earns 15-20 times an average Pole.  So he can afford to have two potatoes in his pot for Xmas dinner instead of splitting one among a whole family.

Razgovory

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 22, 2009, 08:15:23 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 22, 2009, 05:11:52 AM
Still a few days away.  Also, why are all these atheists getting stuff?

Because my family are freaking ridiculous?  At least S agreed to cap it to $40-$50 on me, though I found out later her Mom had to pretty much drag her away from the store...

Stand up for your beliefs.  Don't accept anything and go to work that day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on December 23, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Our stuff here is significantly more expensive. A flat screen would be at least $1000 or more (due to VAT and shit). My point was that we pay for health care via other means Yanks don't have.

Talk for yourself, my 32" flat screen TV only costed me like 350 €.  :P

Ed Anger

jimmy olsen

My parents bought me a laptop before I left for Christmas.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

citizen k

New bed mattress and pepper mill.

Grey Fox

A Grinder
A Bit extractor
G-Force Dvd
Staedtler Lumocolor Pens
A Beard Trimmer
Wrenchs & Pliers Set

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Valmy

Stupid Cat.  Jesus died so we could paint and hide eggs.  Jesus was born so we could wrap things in shiny papers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Jesus died because he couldn't shut up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 24, 2009, 12:02:00 PM
Jesus died because he couldn't shut up.

Socrates had the same problem.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock