News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Christmas loot. Post yours.

Started by Darth Wagtaros, December 21, 2009, 07:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Relatively sparse Christmas, like most in recent memory have been.

My best friend bought me Wings of War, and I bought him Conflict of Heroes, and between the two of us we now have some fun boardgames to play. 

I did not really want anything except egg nog this holiday season- my material wants are mostly provided for, and my desires are only a matter of loneliness, which will be ameliorated next year .
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valdemar on December 25, 2009, 03:01:12 PM
a six pence
Does this mean something other than what I think it means? :huh:

:shutup: :yucky: :hmm:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I won a free Paradox game off of Gamersgate on an EUOT trivia. I chose the Heir to the Throne expansion.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valdemar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 25, 2009, 06:57:56 PM
Quote from: Valdemar on December 25, 2009, 03:01:12 PM
a six pence
Does this mean something other than what I think it means? :huh:

:shutup: :yucky: :hmm:

Its a hat, what did you think it was?

V

Admiral Yi

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on December 25, 2009, 04:29:58 PM
I rather enjoy cooking, and she knows it.  :)
:cool: I got a gift card specifically to be used for getting a stainless steel skillet I've been wanting.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Oh my Brother gave me 15 dollars.  A little paltry since he still owes me about 1,000.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on December 25, 2009, 04:20:38 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 25, 2009, 04:16:23 PM
Italian cookbook
new kitchen knife
frying pan

I see your wife has mastered the fine art of "Get him what I need" gift giving. :P

Sexist pig.   :mad:

Men cook, too, you know. :contract:

:P
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 25, 2009, 11:32:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 25, 2009, 04:29:58 PM

I rather enjoy cooking, and she knows it.  :)
What book?

Classic Italian, by Carla Bardi, published 2008.

It seems like a decent book.  I like that it gives down to very simple recipes, like spaghetti with tomato sauce, to more complicated ones.  I like more 'complete' cooking books like that.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ape

My GF is really caring  :) she gave me a new lamp with a magnifying glass on  :) she's seen how cramped up my back gets after 5 hours of painting tinmen 15mm big. A girl that supports your nerdy hobbys is awesome!  :)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on December 26, 2009, 01:39:04 PM
Classic Italian, by Carla Bardi, published 2008.

It seems like a decent book.  I like that it gives down to very simple recipes, like spaghetti with tomato sauce, to more complicated ones.  I like more 'complete' cooking books like that.
Agreed.  I'll look into it.

I got this book last year (silly title, I know):
http://www.amazon.ca/100-Ways-Be-Pasta-Gangivecchio/dp/140004104X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261888346&sr=8-2
And it's terrific for pasta-y stuff :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

The title is unimportant as long as the food is good.   :bowler:

Of all things, I want to try some of the risotto recipes, or gnochi.  Good wholesome country food - but that I've never made.   :Embarrass:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on December 27, 2009, 12:17:47 AM
Of all things, I want to try some of the risotto recipes, or gnochi.  Good wholesome country food - but that I've never made.   :Embarrass:
I had a delicious English springtime risotto recipe from somewhere.  It was an asparagus, mint and pea shoot risotto :mmm:

For Italian cooking I really want the recent translation of The Silver Spoon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silver-Spoon-Various-Contributors/dp/0714844675

Another book I really want for that sort of simple country food you're talking about is the River Cafe collection:
http://www.amazon.ca/River-Cafe-Cookbook-Rose-Gray/dp/0091812550/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261891348&sr=8-8

I also want to eat there :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Octavian

Wireless headphones
Ipod Shuffle
Call of Duty MWII
A letterbox
The new book by Dan Brown
A book about Denmark's relationship with Napoleon
Pants
A doorbell
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee