And we're back!

Main Menu

Israeli organ borrowing revisited

Started by Slargos, December 20, 2009, 08:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Bluebook on December 22, 2009, 08:14:10 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 22, 2009, 08:07:35 PM
That had nothing to do with Gaza, and everything to do with the rising Islamism in Turkey.
Perhaps. Gaza is the reason given by Turkey though.
Indeed, but they are lying Islamist scum who should be exterminated down to the last child.
US-Israel relations remain at the same high level they have been for years, and Euro-Israeli relations remain irrelevant because decisions regarding the Mideast are made in Washington, and sanctions are difficult given that all of Europe except for Britain bears the stigma of the Holocaust.
Again, I believe you are oversimplifying matters of international relations. I dont think US-Israel relations remain at the "same high level", nor do I believe that Euro-Israel relations are "irrelevant". International relations are usually vastly more complex and than that.
You're attempting to draw broad conclusions based on extremely brief snapshots of data.  Your approach is useless for predicting long-term trends.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Bluebook

Quote from: Neil on December 22, 2009, 08:20:54 PM
France and Britain will continue to maintain their own foreign policy.  Unlike every other country in Europe, they matter.
I can see that you are saying that. They are trending towards accepting/trying to reach consensus with the other EU-nations though.

Bluebook

Quote from: Neil on December 22, 2009, 08:35:07 PM
You're attempting to draw broad conclusions based on extremely brief snapshots of data. 
Not really, Im just telling you what the current situation is.
Quote...predicting long-term trends.
Good luck with that.

Neil

Quote from: Bluebook on December 22, 2009, 08:39:11 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 22, 2009, 08:20:54 PM
France and Britain will continue to maintain their own foreign policy.  Unlike every other country in Europe, they matter.
I can see that you are saying that. They are trending towards accepting/trying to reach consensus with the other EU-nations though.
It's hard to say.  There haven't really been any major foreign policy incidents over the last few years.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Bluebook on December 22, 2009, 08:43:35 PM
Not really, Im just telling you what the current situation is.
I already know the current situation.  I know all things.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2009, 07:07:44 PM
I think 3 billion is a bit more than chump change to a state Israel's size.

It is certainly nice but they could easily do without it.

It is chump change to us though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Bluebook on December 22, 2009, 07:29:08 PM

No, they have lost Turkey since Gaza, and that is a huge blow as Israel saw Turkey as a (potential?) strategic ally.

Also, the US-Israel relations arent exactly improving right now. As for the Euro-Israeli relations, they have been deteriorating steadily in the past 30 years...but the point is that Israel cannot let this slide go on much further.

I know isn't that a fucking joke?  They pull out of Gaza and they are now hated more than ever.

You know what started this whole thing?  The peace process of 1994.  Everytime they do something good the whole world jumps on them.  No good deed goes unpunished.

So how should they stop this slide?  You know the one caused by them trying to cooperate?  Answer me that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Bluebook on December 22, 2009, 06:18:25 PM
Has something changed lately? I seem to recall that the US was giving Israel litterary billions in aid every year. Am I wrong?

Wow billions.  3 billion.  That is not very much money.  Hardly enough to make them "dependent".

Valmy

Quote from: Bluebook on December 22, 2009, 06:18:25 PM
Ok, now you have listed their similarities, now list their differences.

Since I believe there are no practical differences that would be pretty short list.

Ok here you are:

Bluebook

Quote from: Valmy on December 22, 2009, 11:13:42 PM
I know isn't that a fucking joke?  They pull out of Gaza and they are now hated more than ever.
Actually I think the re-invasion in 2008 might have had something to do with it.
So how should they stop this slide?  You know the one caused by them trying to cooperate?  Answer me that.
Again, I believe you are oversimplifying. To claim that the slide in Israel-Turkey relations has been caused by the Israelis trying to cooperate with the Palestinians can hardly be called as an accurate description of the current events.

BVN

Quote from: Bluebook on December 23, 2009, 05:24:11 AM
Again, I believe you are oversimplifying. To claim that the slide in Israel-Turkey relations has been caused by the Israelis trying to cooperate with the Palestinians can hardly be called as an accurate description of the current events.
Yeah, no shit...

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on December 22, 2009, 11:10:25 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2009, 07:07:44 PM
I think 3 billion is a bit more than chump change to a state Israel's size.

It is certainly nice but they could easily do without it.

It is chump change to us though.

It's only $533 per Jew! What a deal.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017