News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israeli organ borrowing revisited

Started by Slargos, December 20, 2009, 08:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on December 22, 2009, 07:25:35 AM
Anyway, when it comes down to it if it's an argument between a Swede and Grumbler I bet on Grumbler.
A practical application of the "in the kingdom of the blind" adage. :yes:

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on December 22, 2009, 08:03:08 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 22, 2009, 07:25:35 AM
Anyway, when it comes down to it if it's an argument between a Swede and Grumbler I bet on Grumbler.

... "the one eyed man is stoned for heresy"

DontSayBanana

Didn't Paul not make it over here? :unsure:
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 22, 2009, 08:22:51 AM

Didn't Paul not make it over here? :unsure:
I think Internet forums need to come up with some kind of a death notification system.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on December 22, 2009, 07:26:30 AM
Quote from: Scipio on December 22, 2009, 07:22:57 AM
Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 11:29:49 PM
Ignore the likelyhood and assume all of Europe is in array and exhausted from internal strife. Mongols suddenly appear and destroy most of European civilization. Does it follow that European civilization isn't worth anything?
They didn't even destroy Rus, for fuckssakes, and they ruled over it for 200 years.
Well, they did destroy it as a civilization.

True enough. They turned Rus from an arguably European civilization (since it was settled by Swedes) into a Mongol/Asian one, which shows to this day.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2009, 09:12:43 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 22, 2009, 07:26:30 AM
Quote from: Scipio on December 22, 2009, 07:22:57 AM
Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 11:29:49 PM
Ignore the likelyhood and assume all of Europe is in array and exhausted from internal strife. Mongols suddenly appear and destroy most of European civilization. Does it follow that European civilization isn't worth anything?
They didn't even destroy Rus, for fuckssakes, and they ruled over it for 200 years.
Well, they did destroy it as a civilization.
True enough. They turned Rus from an arguably European civilization (since it was settled by Swedes) into a Mongol/Asian one, which shows to this day.
And then the Russians in turn did the same thing to Eastern Europe.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on December 22, 2009, 09:02:05 AM
I think Internet forums need to come up with some kind of a death notification system.

Joke missed. <_<

Anyway, a "kill button" would be much more entertaining than a "death monitor." :contract:
Experience bij!

Malthus

Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 05:54:48 PM
Quite wrong. You link speaks of "sales of body parts". That is also what the Aftonbladet article mentions as previously well known (have you read it? I linked to it earlier in the thread).

There is absolutely nothing in your link about harvesting Palestinians for organs.

Of course not; because until the Swedish article came out with its inflamatory and zero-evidence allegations, the identities of the cadavers whose organs were harvested without consent was irrelevant.

The Swedish article took a minor story about ethical violations in a pathology lab - allegations investigated a decade ago by the Israelis themselves - and blew it up into a major international incident through gullably swallowing a bunch of innuendo with absolutely no evidence to support it.

This no doubt delights the Slargoses of the world, and re-enforces the ever-popular stereotype of the dumb-as-rocks Swede (Slargos being the poster child for this ;)), but is hardly the occasion to start handing out an award for excellence in journalism.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

PDH

Why are you so mean to rocks, Malthus?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on December 22, 2009, 10:46:08 AM
Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 05:54:48 PM
Quite wrong. You link speaks of "sales of body parts". That is also what the Aftonbladet article mentions as previously well known (have you read it? I linked to it earlier in the thread).

There is absolutely nothing in your link about harvesting Palestinians for organs.

Of course not; because until the Swedish article came out with its inflamatory and zero-evidence allegations, the identities of the cadavers whose organs were harvested without consent was irrelevant.

The Swedish article took a minor story about ethical violations in a pathology lab - allegations investigated a decade ago by the Israelis themselves - and blew it up into a major international incident through gullably swallowing a bunch of innuendo with absolutely no evidence to support it.

This no doubt delights the Slargoses of the world, and re-enforces the ever-popular stereotype of the dumb-as-rocks Swede (Slargos being the poster child for this ;) ), but is hardly the occasion to start handing out an award for excellence in journalism.  :D

You are glue, etc.

Or rather, in a perfect world you would be.

Glue.

Or a lampshade.

Barrister

This no doubt delights the Slargoses of the world, and re-enforces the ever-popular stereotype of the dumb-as-rocks Swede (Slargos being the poster child for this ;)), but is hardly the occasion to start handing out an award for excellence in journalism.  :D

I would disagree with calling the original story "a minor story about ethical violations in a pathology lab", as it appeared to be a persistent pattern, and consent has long been held as necessary for organ donation.  As such, it was a major lapse and worthy of some comment.

Otherwise I agree with everything you said.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

Quote from: Barrister on December 22, 2009, 12:40:58 PM

This no doubt delights the Slargoses of the world, and re-enforces the ever-popular stereotype of the dumb-as-rocks Swede (Slargos being the poster child for this ;) ), but is hardly the occasion to start handing out an award for excellence in journalism.  :D

I would disagree with calling the original story "a minor story about ethical violations in a pathology lab", as it appeared to be a persistent pattern, and consent has long been held as necessary for organ donation.  As such, it was a major lapse and worthy of some comment.

When the revolution comes you will be treated like the rest of the jews.

Razgovory

He'll be put amongst the Kings of the Earth?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Barrister

Quote from: Slargos on December 22, 2009, 12:57:09 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 22, 2009, 12:40:58 PM

When the revolution comes you will be treated like the rest of the jews.

Woohoo!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.