Gay marriage becomes legal in: Mexico City

Started by Caliga, December 21, 2009, 09:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 22, 2009, 03:13:23 PM
Carrot- I assume Azteca is Mexican Spanish and not Nahuatl?
Dunno wtf Azteca is, but Nahuatl is the pre-Columbian language of the Aztecs, so obviously zero relation to Spanish whatsoever.  It's still fairly widely spoken in Mexico IIRC, but I guess by Mexican hillbillies or something.  I think the various Mayan languages are much more widely spoken however.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2009, 07:48:53 AM
Tim's a Puerto Rican. 

Yeah, that was kind of the point.  :P

I think Carrot is making shit up again.  I've googled "azteca" and "azteca language" and neither make any sense.  I guess that's what he was trying to get across (a difference between European and American Spanish) but I can't find a single reference to someone using Azteca in that manner.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Barrister on December 22, 2009, 04:44:41 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2009, 07:48:53 AM
Tim's a Puerto Rican. 

Yeah, that was kind of the point.  :P

I think Carrot is making shit up again.  I've googled "azteca" and "azteca language" and neither make any sense.  I guess that's what he was trying to get across (a difference between European and American Spanish) but I can't find a single reference to someone using Azteca in that manner.

More often than not, European Spanish is called Castilian (specially on DVDs/blu-rays) and they put L.A (pun intended) Spanish for Mexican most of the time ;)