Main Menu

Israeli organ borrowing revisited

Started by Slargos, December 20, 2009, 08:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: DGuller on December 21, 2009, 09:50:46 PM
Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 05:33:38 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 21, 2009, 05:32:30 PM
Did any of the alleged victims actually come forward, or is it just a wild speculation at this point?

The alleged victims are dead.  :lol:
How convenient.  :rolleyes:

Sorry if I read you wrong, was in a belligerent mode and assumed you hadn't read the article.

Neil

Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 09:59:38 PM
Do you consider the Israelis to be civilized folks, Neil?
In general, I'd have to say yes.  They've had some Russians come in, and there are still the Arabized Jews like Siegebreaker, but they're still a civilized people at their core.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Pat

Quote from: Neil on December 21, 2009, 10:15:25 PM
In general, I'd have to say yes.  They've had some Russians come in, and there are still the Arabized Jews like Siegebreaker, but they're still a civilized people at their core.

OK agreed, but I'd like to add that a civilized people who unquestioningly consider the uncivilized their compatriots and allow them great influence is not wholly civilized. Civlized in general, yes, but wholly, no.

Neil

Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 10:22:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 21, 2009, 10:15:25 PM
OK agreed, but I'd like to add that a civilized people who unquestioningly consider the uncivilized their compatriots and allow them great influence is not wholly civilized. Civlized in general, yes, but wholly, no.
The Russians don't really have all that much influence, except in the criminal fields.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Pat

I was trying to give the civilized Israelis some credit by ascribing their uncivilized actions to the influence of their uncivilized compatriots.

Neil

Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 10:38:56 PM
I was trying to give the civilized Israelis some credit by ascribing their uncivilized actions to the influence of their uncivilized compatriots.
I'm not familiar with any uncivilized actions taken by Israel, or by Israelis that aren't Siegebreaker.

Pat

Well I suppose we probably have different conceptions of what it is to be civilized.

Neil

Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 10:42:32 PM
Well I suppose we probably have different conceptions of what it is to be civilized.
Indeed.  Your definition is weak-willed and immoral.  My definition takes into consideration that no civilization is worth anything unless it can defend itself.  Annihilating the Palestians is an act that a civilized society would have to take.

Pat

Quote from: Neil on December 21, 2009, 10:51:23 PM
Indeed.  Your definition is weak-willed and immoral.  My definition takes into consideration that no civilization is worth anything unless it can defend itself.  Annihilating the Palestians is an act that a civilized society would have to take.

Linking civilization to military might is strange. Were the Mongols more civilized than the societies they annihilated?

Scipio

Quote from: Pat on December 21, 2009, 10:53:15 PM

Linking civilization to military might is strange. Were the Mongols more civilized than the societies they annihilated?
Considering that the Mongols didn't annihilate any societies, but rather co-opted them or were co-opted by them in turn, I think that's a retarded fucking comparison.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Scipio on December 21, 2009, 11:06:15 PM

Considering that the Mongols didn't annihilate any societies, but rather co-opted them or were co-opted by them in turn, I think that's a retarded fucking comparison.
Didn't the Mongols raze any city that resisted or am I thinking of a different horde? :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Pat

It's not a comparison to anything else in the thread. I'd say the Mongols annihilated quite a few societies. Normally I'd have suggested to you that you'd start another thread if you'd want to discuss this very tangential issue with me, but I doubt I'd be able to have a very meaningful discussion with a retarded fuck as yourself, so I'm sorry to say it's not something I'd be very interested in.

DGuller

It's one of the exceptions that prove the rule.

Pat

Military might is usually a by-product of civlization, but it doesn't have anything to do with being civilized. You don't become civilized just by having military might.

edit: I think we can all think of a poignant modern example to illustrate this

Viking

Quote from: Scipio on December 21, 2009, 11:06:15 PM

Not to mention that Neil didn't claim that the Mongols were a great civilization, he just pointed out that the civilizations that the mongols destroyed weren't worth anything.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.