News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What Baseball League should I start?

Started by Syt, December 14, 2009, 12:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2009, 05:37:14 PM
Is there some story to the Cleveland 86ers or is it just supposed to be a spoof of the 76ers?

No story.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

How did you get those logos Syt?  I downloaded OOTP 8 and set up a league for shits an giggles and I can't figure out where to get them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Hey valmy, a great resource for logos that you might have to tweak a small bit was this web site if you are wanting historical logos or making a fictional league.
http://www.logoserver.com/Baseball.html

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2009, 01:05:03 AM
How did you get those logos Syt?  I downloaded OOTP 8 and set up a league for shits an giggles and I can't figure out where to get them.

I made them myself in Paintshop Pro 7 (and I have loads of fonts installed, though mostly for mapmaking).

Just make sure you save as 150x150 .png files with the background set to transparency (at least that's how OOTP 9+10 do it).

Also, for more logos, player photos, etc. go to http://padresfanmods.net/

For 4000+, mostly fictional logos you can go to http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/cephasjames/
(I downloaded them all and usually use them for modern day leagues. Used to be available in zipped format, but that site seems dead now.)
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Syt

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 01:34:31 AM
So how are you liking OOTP 10 ?

They mostly improved the pitching, I think, but I haven't had as much time I would have liked to spend with it.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Ok I set up a frenchy league to start in 1901...and I noticed all the games dont start until 2007...so my team will be long dead before we play any games! :( What gives?

Here is my league:

Fédération Française de Baseball   

Ligue Elite   
La Guerche de Bretagne   Faucons
Montpellier Université Club   Barracudas
Montigny le Bretonneux   Couguars
Rouen   Dragons
Melun   Templiers
Stade Toulousain   Olympique
Clermont-Ferrand   Arvernes
Savigny sur Orge   Lions

Ligue Nationale   
Épinal   Dauphins
Angers   Ducs
Villard-de-Lans   Ours
Morzine-Avoriaz   Pingouins
Dunkerque   Corsaires
Paris Université Club   Rouge-et-Bleu
Amiens   Gothiques
Saint-Lô   Licornes
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2009, 09:38:32 PM
Ok I set up a frenchy league to start in 1901...and I noticed all the games dont start until 2007...so my team will be long dead before we play any games! :( What gives?

:lol:

I have no idea, have to wait for syt to get here.

sbr

I am by no means an expert but I have poked around with the game a little bit.  Did you create a historical league or a standard league?  I think you can only play games in years before the current year in historical leagues; when you start in a previous year it is to sim up to that date.

katmai

Quote from: sbr on December 16, 2009, 10:14:27 PM

I am by no means an expert but I have poked around with the game a little bit.  Did you create a historical league or a standard league?  I think you can only play games in years before the current year in historical leagues; when you start in a previous year it is to sim up to that date.

That sounds right.

Syt

Sorry, rushed to bed at 7 pm yesterday.

In 9 and 10 you can set the starting year just before you launch the game (this is not the same as the historical starting year!).

I usually switch to advanced league creation mode before starting a league when I reach the final page of the creation wizard, too, to go over the league setups, rules and options.
—Stephen Jay Gould