News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

giant Diplomacy PBEM

Started by Lettow77, November 21, 2009, 04:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

It did. Not the unwieldy 20 player version, mind, but it did. We played a South Africa 6 player variant (I was Oranje), which I ended up winning, after betraying my Capetown ally. I felt bad about it because of how likeable he was, despite being a yankee.

I also betrayed Transvaal, but I did not feel bad there.

Owing perhaps to my remorse, I did not betray Turkey (Although he was not the Cape player, that was italy..) in the next game, where I was Austria. This really sucked, because after some wheeling and dealing that saw Russia killed, our alliance was sort of useless. Austria-Turkey is truly the worst alliance in the game, I think. But we co-opted italy into it rather than kill him (Another mistake on our part?) and somewhere in there, Germany died.

We called it when it was Austria-Ottomans-Italy with 6-7-6 centres and Britain with a bunch, and France with..4 or so?  France and Britain were allied, the coalition of the willing would eventually have dragged them down, but the game had been going on for hours.

It was good stuff. I'd upload pictures from the SA game, which I was saving the screens of for my own reference, but I am on break from college and dont have access to my computer.

Of course, it was a mistake not to post here that I had no further interest in pursuing a game on Languish, but I figured nobody's hopes would be particularly dashed. 
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'