News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

giant Diplomacy PBEM

Started by Lettow77, November 21, 2009, 04:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Some friends of mine are looking to play a rather large PBEM game. We have a reliable administrator to revise maps and such. Would anyone be interested?

it'd be this delightful variant:
http://www.variantbank.org/results/rules/i/imperial2.gif

13 players, so, plenty of space.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Sophie Scholl

Looks like a Timmah-esque map. :mellow:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Viking

I like how different maps are in different times. I'm all for the UK convoying French, German and British armies to crush the CSA.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Lettow77

I mean, I find the dutch being in south africa hilarious and endearing.

Its an interesting map, though. Alot of interesting interactions.  We'll need a good player for Britain.

Already have seven players- if there's no interest, I guess I dont need any languish types. This just seemed a bit y'alls thing, is all.

HisMajestyBOB

Given the history of Languish diplomacy games, this is the last place you should be asking.

What the hell, I like checking out weird new variants. I'll join.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Solmyr

Habbaku

The map looks incredibly unbalanced.  Austria and Prussia, for example, is totally fucked.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Lettow77

Prussia and Austria usually do fine. :unsure:

What makes them so doomed? Who is in a position to crush them?

I wonder if you've played diplomacy before.

Anyhow, thats for joining, bob. Any preferences, nation-wise? Brazil, Prussia, the Confederacy, Japan are the only slots players specifically have asked for. Unless, of course, Solmyr was serious.

Habbaku

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 21, 2009, 04:08:22 PM
Prussia and Austria usually do fine. :unsure:

What makes them so doomed? Who is in a position to crush them?

I wonder if you've played diplomacy before.

:lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

When the game gets underway, I'll give you updates on how Prussia and Austria are doing.

Berkut

I am in, but like Habs, I have never really played Diplo before, so hopefully people will go easy on me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I'd rather play and see firsthand, assuming you still have space.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on November 21, 2009, 07:58:11 PM
I am in, but like Habs, I have never really played Diplo before, so hopefully people will go easy on me.

:D

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont