And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on February 15, 2015, 09:30:02 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 15, 2015, 09:24:13 AM
Damn, have some of you guys considered living somewhere else?

I'm beginning to fear Kronn won't make through till sprint.  :(
I've been trying to tell KRonn to get out for years now, but he just won't listen.  He "doesn't mind it". :hmm:

Meanwhile we are expecting up to a foot of snow here in the next 24 hours, which for Kentucky is an extremely rare event and will be a total disaster if it pans out as predicted. :bleeding:
Yeah, I just deal with the snow, especially with a 3mile commute to a job with bosses that let us out if the snow gets bad, or tells us just to work from home. This is the main hardship here, we don't get river floods, tornadoes or severe hurricanes like the south and mid west. But really, this amount of snow is getting ridiculous. Mine and my neighbors front yards have snow waist high! It's pretty insane.

Hope you guys don't get so much snow there. That much is a mess and tough to deal with if the communities aren't ready for it.

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on February 15, 2015, 09:24:13 AM
Damn, have some of you guys considered living somewhere else?

I'm beginning to fear Kronn won't make it through to spring.  :(

Meanwhile 52F here, slight wind and some early spring sunshine.  :bowler:

My brother and his wife spend winters in Florida, and they bought a place last year. They love it here. Nice weather, all kinds of things to do outside in winter while just the opposite here. I'm beginning to maybe consider moving down south or the southwest or something when I retire.   :hmm: 

I don't think this much snow will fully melt until May or June! No let up to frigid temps through the week. High winds making it especially rugged outside the last couple of days. I think it's going to be a late planting season for my garden this year.

Caliga

I guarantee you when I retire I'm headed further south.  I used to say for sure it'd be Florida, but I'm kind of getting tired of rain and love sunny weather, so in that case Scottsdale looks kind of attractive... :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Yep. Arizona or bust. It's where I want to retire too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Yeah, I think I'd favor Arizona, somewhere in the southwest. I have friends in Arizona and they love the weather.

Darth Wagtaros

Hopefully tomorrow will be bad early, so I can go home.
PDH!

garbon

Arizona? Wow, how did such a shitty state get so many fans?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 16, 2015, 11:37:49 AM
Hopefully tomorrow will be bad early, so I can go home.

Yep, same here. They'll send us home to work from home or take a vacation day. This next storm is supposed to be only a few inches to a foot, though the south shore and towards Cape Cod looks to be getting a bit more. We've gotten all of this snow, nearly eight feet (about 2 and 2/3 meters) in just three weeks, so I guess it has to snow by tomorrow or Wednesday, as we can't let more than a few days go by without snow falling.    ;)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2015, 11:51:46 AM

They don't like moisture or people with brown skin(which rules out New Mexico and west Texas).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 16, 2015, 12:22:48 PM

They don't like moisture or people with brown skin(which rules out New Mexico and west Texas).

Then the lack of albino Latinos is going to be a real shocker.

Darth Wagtaros

I was just in Arizona.  Nice 60-70 degree weather. 
PDH!

Caliga

Sorry, Arizona sucks.  garbon has spoken. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Don't know that I'd wanna live there.  My brother-in-law got stung by a scorpion that crawled into the bed.  Its also 200 degrees in the shade during Summer.
PDH!

Tonitrus

How about New Mexico?  :P

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on February 16, 2015, 12:57:34 PM
Sorry, Arizona sucks.  garbon has spoken. :(

Well if you can't figure it out yourself, I am happy to help.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.