And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: DGuller on December 16, 2009, 10:57:30 AM
Quote from: KRonn on December 16, 2009, 10:32:29 AM
Sheesh DG! Even though you live in the US, you're from Ukraine, part of the land of General Winter! You should know all about snow!!   ;)
Did I say that I wouldn't drive on snow?  I only said that I would contemplate the total inadequacy of my tires while doing it.
Ah, good point!   :)

Vince

We got half a foot of snow up here just when I was at work.

Lake-Effect snow how I hate you.

Josephus

We got a couple centimetres on my drive home. Took me 2 hrs 15 mins to drive 50kms.

:mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

More snow! This time a picture taken from my flat's window.  :mad:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 01:59:30 AM

That's some ugly-ass part of the city you live in :P

DGuller

Can't your city afford some nice new buildings?

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on December 17, 2009, 03:33:16 AM
Can't your city afford some nice new buildings?

Can't. This is like a central part of the city, built by communists and then entered into the UNESCO register so it can't be modified. Apparently it's the classic socrealism Stalin-era type of architecture.  :blush:

It looks much less like a communist era picture in summer when the entire area becomes full of outside coffee shop tables, street performance and the like. Now it's pretty much the cultural heart of Warsaw.  :cry:

Martinus

Also, the "skeletal" construction to the right is the big scene being built for the Warsaw's official new year's eve celebration. I will have the city's biggest party right under my windows.  :bowler:

Josquius

This snow is good, my room is actually bright enough to not need artifical light for the first time since October.
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 03:40:22 AM
Also, the "skeletal" construction to the right is the big scene being built for the Warsaw's official new year's eve celebration. I will have the city's biggest party right under my windows.  :bowler:
Hehe... that'll be fun stuff, great view, but also quite a raucous time! 

Josephus

I've been to Warsaw back about 10 years ago. Greyest city I've ever seen. I've also been to Krakow which is an amazing city. Like apples and oranges.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

Quote from: KRonn on December 17, 2009, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2009, 03:40:22 AM
Hehe... that'll be fun stuff, great view, but also quite a raucous time!

I'm having friends over, so no problem. :P And the street celebrants usually clear out around 3 a.m. so it is not too tedious. :P

Maladict

One day of snow and the entire country falls apart.
Traffic jams this morning: :bleeding:

HVC

Those billboards seem oddly out of place. I liek the view though, ignoring the stick building in process.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.